Chapter 27

"Emma, welcome to Quokka Alley."

Emma walked in the door to the alley, looking around like a kid in a candy store. Correction, like a kid who had been let lose in a candy store. Dean walked up next to me, "Were we like that the first time we walked into Diagon Alley?"

"You might have been, but I wasn't." I replied.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah." I replied, grinning at him, "I think I was worse. I couldn't wait to go into every store and buy one of everything and try everything and do everything. My parents had to drag me from the alley, I didn't want to leave, even after being there for 5+ hours."

Ginny started laughing behind us, "Let me guess. 4 of those hours were in the book shop?"

"No!" I replied indignantly, "Only 1 or 2. I had to find all the schoolbooks. And others I needed to catch up to those who grew up in it all." I finished over the top of their laughter.

"I found the art and joke shop and honestly didn't want to leave that please either. Then I found the candy store. Mum definitely had to drag my ass out of that store."

Emma turned around, "Yeah. They dragged you out kicking and screaming after you had made them buy you a hugely expensive color changing ink set for your drawing. Then wanted one of each sweet."

"Actually. I wanted two of everything. I wanted one for you and one for me. But they knew what you were like on sugar and point blank refused. I tried to compromise by saying one each a day, but they still said no." Dean said.

"I think I will be having a little chat with our parents about them denying me the chance of magic lollies."

"I would love to say you are a grown ass adult, but your reaction to sugar is the same as when you were a child. So, you can have a small amount." Dean said looking at her with his eyebrows raised.

Emma just rolled her eyes and looked away. I smiled at them, "How about we go and get some actual food before you fill up on sugar?"

"Where do you suggest that we go?"

"There is a place around the corner that is owned by people but run by free house elves. And they can make pretty much anything you want." I said.

"They make treacle tart?" Harry asked.

"One of the best I have ever had."

"Why are we still standing here then?"

I laughed and waked ahead, grabbing Emma as we went. I pulled her around the corner, trying to stop her from getting distracted and having to pull her around the displays as she wouldn't stop staring up and around instead of where she was going.

Fully grown adult my ass.

I opened the door to the restaurant and pulled her in after me, holding the door open for the others well. Once the door closed behind us, a house elf appeared before us, "Hello, I be Mipsy and I be your waiter for this evening. Do you has reservations?"

"Hi Mipsy, no, we don't have a reservation. Would it be possible to get a table for six though?"

"Yes, we have tables free. Please follow Mipsy this way."

"Thank you Mipsy." I said as she turned to show us to our table, Mipsy left us alone for a bit to get situated and comfortable before popping back.

"You can order anything you like, meals and drinks. Once you have decided what you want, simply tap that button on the table and Mipsy will be with you as soon as possible. Please take your time and feel free to call Mipsy if you have any questions." Mipsy finished before disappearing with a nod of her head.