Chapter 11

"How...?" I couldn't believe that he had actually found me.

"Your eyes. You didn't change them. I knew it was you when I saw you in Diagon Alley. And I knew it was you in that book shop." He placed his hand on my cheek and smiled at me. "I would always know it's you just by the eyes."

"Sarah, what's going on? Are you okay?" I turned around and looked at Emma.

"Harry, this is Emma, Emma this is Harry. My best friend from my old life" I said.

"Oh. Umm... Hey Harry. Sarah, I thought you said that no one could have found you? So how...?" Emma asked.

"She has been my best friend since we were 11. I would know her anywhere." Harry said.

"What are you doing here? How can you be here?" I asked, "You should be home, you have work and you have Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys'. Why are you here?"

"I told Kingsley that I had seen you. That I knew you were alive and I needed to know that you were okay. I have been taking bits of time off every now and then. Ron and I have been swapping out weekends and weeks. And I have no one to go home too. Ginny and I broke up less than 6 months after you left. I couldn't get over it. I spent every spare minute looking for you and she got over it. She said that she felt like she had lost me again. I told her that I couldn't just stop, I had to find you. After a while, we just ended up ending it before it was too late. Before we ended up hating each other and resenting each other for it all. We are still good friends. But she has moved on with her life. She is seeing Dean Thomas now."

"Wait, you're telling me my brother is seeing your ex?" Emma exclaimed. "How long has this been going on? He hasn't said anything to me?"

Harry laughed at her, "It's a pleasure to meet the sister of Dean. And it's been at least 6 months that I know of."

"If you'll excuse me," Emma huffed "I have to go and have a conversation with my dear older brother." She walked back into the kitchen pulling out her phone

"So, what now?" I asked, "Are you going to make me go back home?"

"No, I just wanted to make sure that you're okay. And I would like to be able to be part of your life again. Hermione, you saved my life more times than I can count. You have been with me through it all. I want you back in my life. I need you in my life." As he said all this I could feel myself tearing up, not realizing how much I really missed him. More than anyone else. He was right. He has been my best friend since we were 11. How could I have left him? I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around him, putting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I left. I'm so sorry I just walked away. I just couldn't take it anymore. I just needed to get away. I'm so sorry." I cried.

"It's okay. I understand. I'm not going to lie. At first, I was so angry. I didn't understand how you could have left me behind. Left us all behind. But after a while, after I calmed down and thought about it, I understood. And honestly? I think at that time I would have left as well." Harry said wrapping his arms around me.

"Well, Dean has been properly chastised and is bringing her to meet us soon." Emma said smiling at us. "He said that he would talk to her and let me... What? What's wrong?"

"What do you mean that he is bringing her to meet us? You didn't say anything about me, did you?" I exclaimed.

"No, I just said that I had made a new best friend and I wanted my brother to meet her. He said that if you wanted, we could all meet for tea. He assumes that your muggle, so he thinks that 2 on 2 will make it easier for me. It is up to you though, if you don't want to come then its fine." She looked worried. As worried as I felt.

I turned to Harry "Ginny would be able to tell it's me. She will recognise me. Just like you did. I can't go. What if... what if..." I started to hyperventilate, the thought that they would still be angry at me for leaving running through my head. Their reaction to seeing me again after all this time.

"Shhhh... Hermione shhhh..." Harry said rubbing my back. "It will be okay, you don't have to go. It's up to you, but you should know that no one hates you or is angry at you. They are worried about you. They miss you. They all just want to know that you are okay and to see you again. I promise. No one hates or is angry at you." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to remember what Mia said. Focus on 5 things you can smell; Harry's cologne, Emma's perfume, coffee in the kitchen, the leftover food still in the loungeroom and the sweetness of the Canadian Club. 4 things I could touch; the jacket that Harry was wearing, the rug in the hall way, the wood of the door frame, the cold air still blowing in from the outside. By now I had managed to get my breathing under control. I stood up and walked away from the door, sitting on the couch.

"Okay. When are we meant to be seeing Ginny?"

I could do this. I hope.