Falling Hard

A/N:  now, for the long awaited chapter. Enjoy ;)

When I finished, we were sitting on the pier, and I felt numb.

Nico wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me so close our noses were touching. I gasp, but Nico seemed intent upon something.

He leaned in closer, making my heart go haywire, "Nico, what are you doing?"

Nico whispered, "Annie, just shut up already."

Before I could reply with a smart ass comment, his lips touched mine. I gasp, but kiss him back.

Honestly I was on cloud nine. I never expected Nico to fall for me. Then again, I never expected any of this to be real. I guess I'll just take what I've got.

I reach up and slide my fingers through his soft black hair. His hands cup my face as he breaks the kiss. As I blink at him, he blushes and starts to pull away.

I grab his arm, "please stay with me. I-I don't want you to go."

Nico smiled and traced my face with his thumb, "you're very beautiful."

I blink up at him, "why do you say that?"

Nico smiled, "because it's the truth."

I tucked my hair behind my ear, "how? I don't see how I'm beautiful. Pretty is stretching the truth. Beautiful? That's a flat out lie."

Nico kissed my lips lightly, "if I kiss you enough, would you believe it?"

I giggle, "maybe. Maybe not."

Nico kissed me hard enough to take my breath away, "how about if I told you that you are gorgeous enough to turn a gay guy straight?"

I pull back, "you're still lying. You're falling for me purely for my personality and amazing wit."

Nico smiles, "true. Your beauty is just a bonus."

I blush, "oh, stop it already."

Nico wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, "why should I stop telling you the truth."

I tentatively kiss his lips, "maybe you should tell me a different truth."

Nico sighed, "fine. I'm falling for you Annie. I'm falling hard."

Biting my lip, I think of my mother's warning, "maybe you shouldn't. I don't think it's safe for you to fall for me."

Nico looked into my eyes, "it's already happening Annie. You can't do anything to prevent it."

I sigh, "Nico, please. I can't do this."

Nico frowned, "Annie, what are you talking about? Can't do what?"

"My mom told me that if I fall in love with someone, bad things can happen. It's like a family curse, and why my dad and grandma died. Well, that's what my mom says anyway."

"Annie, I'm not going anywhere. I promised to stay with you and that's what I'm going to do. Okay?"

I frown, "but..."

He cut me off, "no buts. I'll do anything for you Annie."

I look at him, "if you'll do anything for me, then don't fall in love with me."

Nico smiled, "it's way too late for that Annie."

I feel my chest tighten from nerves and fear, "what do you mean?

I want to know the answer, but I also know that I'll regret ever asking him.

He looks intensely into my eyes, "I love you Anne. I will always love you, and as long as I'm able to, I'll make sure you're safe."