Babymoon

Joel's POV

Moriah is now 6 months pregnant and is so adorable with her baby bump. She says she looks huge, but I disagree. We have been pretty busy preparing for the new baby. We've been getting the nursery ready, getting baby stuff,  and Moriah packed her hospital bag early, just in case anything happened. I still can't wait for little Rubye to get here. I must admit, I am a little nervous. Okay, a lot nervous. Her life is gonna be in my hands! What if I do something wrong! What if I'm not  a good father! I tell Moriah this all the time, and she reminds me that there's no such thing as the perfect parent. She also reminds me that, unfortunately, many girls have awful dads who abuse them, and don't even take care of them. She says I'm definitely going to be a grit father. That little girl is never going to feel unloved. And that's definitely true.

We don't do anything huge for a baby moon. We just drive a couple hours to the Smokey mountains and spend a night there. The next morning we go on a boat ride down the river. It's so relaxing, and Moriah leans on me as I put my hand on her belly. Suddenly, a bunch of people go towards the railing. "What is it?" Moriah asks. We gasp when we get a good view. A mother black bear and her cubs were playing down by the waters edge. We take a picture. That was so ironic, considering we were here to celebrate our soon to be baby. When we get back, we go to the gift shop. "Joely! Look what I found!" Moriah says. She shows me a little Balck bear stuffed animal, which was on the   Back of  its mother. "That's adorable! Let's get it for the nursery." I say. Later that day, we go back home.

We spend a couple weeks finishing up the nursery. When we finished, we are happy with the final product.

 When we finished, we are happy with the final product

"It looks great. Now all we're missing is a baby." I say. Moriah laughs. "In a couple months."

Thanksgiving comes and we spend it in California with Moriah's family. We go on a little trip to the beach with Moriah's parents and siblings. Her sister Bianca is talking about how excited she is to become a Auntie. "And we can take her to Disneyland and the mall and American girl and get medi cures and...." "Slow down bianca! She's not even born yet!" Moriah says. We walk down the beach, Mr.Peters and I talking. "Having a daughter is a blessing.  The feelings that you'll feel when you meet her, im telling you you can't believe the feeling. " He says. "I can't wait, it feels like every day I get happier and happier. I'm so happy, I can't believe how happy I'll be when she gets here." I say. "Joely! Let's take pictures!" Moriah cap

 "Joely! Let's take pictures!" Moriah cap

Bianca took the pictures, which looked amazing! I'm still impressed with how professional they were

All too soon, it was Christmas. In only a few weeks our daughter would be here! Crazy! When we woke up on Christmas, we looked at each other. Our last Christmas with out kids. I got Moriah a sign that said, Worlds best mother, and I haven't even been born yet. "Joely, this beautiful! I live you!" She says as she kisses me. Her present was little more funny than mine. She got me a shirt that said, I'm a father of a Daughter (Watch out, boys) I laughed and thanked her. It was perfect. We got many baby stuff from friends and family. Mike from Tenth Avenue North was funny and gave us Earplugs and nose clips. Hope you use my gifts wisely, you'll need it. Jk, Marry Christmas!-Mike  He wrote. As the day drew to a close, I began to count down. Only a few more weeks....a few more weeks...