Rubye Faith Smallbone

Moriah's POV

It was a week before the due date, and it was late at night. Joel was finishing up his concert, while I was watching the Princess Bride. By the time it had finished Joel came home. "Hello, Love." He said as he kissed me. He put his hand on my belly. "I can't wait for little Rubye to get here!" He smiles. "Me too." I smile.

We go to bed right after. But around 1 in the morning I feel a lot of wetness in my bed area. I wake up suddenly. I then realize my water broke. "Joel! Joel! Wake up!" I whisper yell. "Hmmm? Wha...what?" He growns. "My water just broke." Immediately Joel's eyes widened and he sat up. "What? Now!?" "Yes, Now!" Joel quickly jumps up and we change. Then he grabs my hospital bag, calls mine and his parents and we're off. The contractions start getting worse and I grown as the pain gets stronger. Joel holds my hand. "Hold on, Honey. We're alomost there." We arrive at the hospital and they take us to the room. I breathe through many of the contractions. Our doctor isn't here yet, so I can't push. I can say that I have never felt this much pain in my intire life! Joel feels bad that all he can do is hold my hand and encourage me. Finally, hours later, the doctor arrives and we start pushing. "Ahhhhhhhh!!! Aghhhh!!!!   Aaaaaah!" I scream. "You can do this honey, I got you!" Joel says, probably regretting holding my hand. Even I'm sure I broke it. Finally, finally, 5 pushes later, she's born. The cry of my new born baby girl is the most beautiful song I've ever heard. They bring her up to my chest, and i feel the emotions I've been longing to feel. This feeling, it's indiscribable. She has a head full of dark hair, and I just love it. Joel puts his hand around me and Rubye and smiles the most amazing smile I've seen in our 4 years of marriage. And he smiles a lot! "Hello, baby girl. Our little Rubye." He says.

The next morning, we just look at our baby

The next morning, we just look at our baby. She is so beautiful. Her eyes, her nose, her mouth. She's gorgeous. I turn to Joel. "You want to hold her?" He's nervous at first, but he agrees. He take Rubye in his arms and smiles at her. "Hi, Rubye." He smiles than turns to me. "I'm so proud of you, Moriah." He says. I smile, tears in my eyes. This is the most beautiful moment of my life. My husband holding my baby daughter. "She's so beautiful. I love you so much, Rubye." Joel whispers as he kisses her. I almost cry. Some people don't believe in miracles, but how is this not a miracle? Bringing life to the world! God is amazing. He gave us the best miracle of all. Rubye Faith Smallbone.