Chapter 4

Genji's mind was reeling. Her lips were softer than a summers breeze. Mcree's rough hand on his shoulder snapped him out of his trance. The look of irritation on his face told Genji it was time to go, yet he felt like someone threw a wrench into his heart, shattering it into pieces. Yet he knew the business was more important and threw out these misguided thoughts. Mcree pulled Genji towards the door which lead to the main study.

  Angela tried to find where he went but couldn't. It was like he vanished. She felt tears began to fall like rain. 'Why am I crying' she pondered, her thoughts spinning like a top 'I hardly knew him' . Amelié's voice startled her as her head whipped around to where it came from, "Thank you all for coming. Ever since my parents moved to this land they have held a ball for the Police department. In their stead, I shall continue their tradition. Thank you all for working hard and your dedication towards keeping this city safe."

  Genji's hands work nimbly on the  lock to the main office door. He knew Mcree couldn't stall for much longer as the guards were starting to get annoyed. A click let Genji know it was unlocked. His heartbeat was rapid but he kept his cool. He opened the door quietly and snuck in closing it behind him. The office itself was a few coffins short of being a tomb. He made his way over to the wall safe. It was code based. His eyes scanned the room. There had to be something with the code on it, or in it. A painting stuck out among other things. He pulled the painting down, and it seemed to be staring at him. Barely noticeable in the top corner was the number 957. He smiled and looked back towards the safe. He punched in the numbers, and a soft hiss came from it as it popped opened. There was his prize. A necklace dating back almost 400 years ago to a French queen. He quietly slid it into his chest pocket. The window was the best option he decided while placing his calling card in the safe.  The office door opened as he stepped on the window's ledge.

  Mcree got Genji's message to leave, and boy was he happy to get out of there. Too formal and uptight for his liking. Detective Ziegler tapped his shoulder. "Where did you drag your friend off to?" She questioned. Mcree spun around. "Um he had to......... go get ice cream for our roommate who is homesick," he spat out nervously. "Well could you hand him my number, please?" She asked handing him a napkin with her number on it. He tucked the napkin into his pocket and made his way to the car.

  Genji was waiting by the car. The crunching of gravel made him turn his head towards it. Mcree was walking up with a grin on his face. "I got a surprise for you," he started as the car roared to life." "Unless it's a car that doesn't smell of cigars or a plate of food I'm not all that interested. McCree smiled, "Oh well I guess you don't want it then." He waved the napkin in front of the youngest Shimada. "What is it?" He asked the cowboy curiously.  "Oh you know, Detective Zieglers phone number." His eyes widened in shock, "You didn't..." "Sure as hell did." Genji sat quietly for a moment before taking the napkin from McCree. It's was written in blue ink and was nicely folded to look like a letter. He rubbed his finger across it before putting it in his pocket and smiling as Mcree drove them home.

-•-
Thank you to my wonderful beta readers who make telling this story so much easier and enjoyable for you guys.