Chapter 8

A week later

His hands were laced with hers as they walked down the park path. It was a crisp October Saturday and the world was peaceful. He had only a slight limp due to the bullet grazing his leg. His mind was in the clouds of where the day could lead as she pulled him along. Her eyes were full of wonder as the walked into the festival ground. It the local Renaissance festival. They had arrived early and were meeting up Lena, Mcree, and Fahreea. The sight of people in fairy costumes, and viking costumes and kilts and full metal armor was a bit overwhelming for Genji yet she was happy and that was fine for him. The ground rule she had given him was no stealing for any reason. Of course he made the joke that all he would be stealing is kisses, that did not go over well. Her hand slipped from his as she went into one of the shops. He quickly followed behind her, only to be stopped by a tall German man and a small Egyptian woman. They were looking through the scarfs that hung outside the shop door.

Angela had a little birdie tell her that Genji's birthday was coming up soon. She saw something in here that caught her eye and thought it would be a great gift. A small statue of a dragon try to break out of its egg. While the dragon itself more european in style, it was green with a emerald eye. She asked the shop keeper how much it was and the man replied with $600. Her heart dropped to her stomach. It was too expensive. Maybe she just could swipe it with out anyone noticing. Genji has shown her a few tricks but she was an officer of law. Why would she risk her reputation for his birthday? She didn't realize that it was already tucked safely away in her purse. The shopkeeper was talking with the Egyptian woman who was asking for the price of the blue scarf she found.

Genji saw her quickly exit the shop as soon as he got past the German man. He learned his name is Reinhardt.  Angela pulled him along towards the cafe where they apparently had the best Hot Chocolate in the world and fudge to die for.

A short twenty minute walk in which they saw some unpleasant things

He regrets asking her to join him on his yearly trip to the Festival. She was riding on his back after seeing a Swedish mans kilt get blown up by wind.

Lena watched them walk over to the table. She handed Angela a cup of hot chocolate after Genji set her down. His jacket was wrapped around her, it was quite chilly, Genji stood there in his short sleeve shirt revealing a dragon tattoo. They had a quiet conversation about politics and the thief that plagued their city while waiting for Mcree and Fahreea to arrive.