Chapter 5

Few nights later

  Genji mind spun a story in his mind. It wasn't very complex, yet detailed and poetic. T'was about a Cop who was had managed to worm her way into the cold heart of a lonely thief. The world seemed so small but everything is small when you're about ten stories high. Sombra hasn't found a job yet and running around stealing little trinkets gets boring after awhile. A thought crossed his mind. Maybe he could call the Angel who wished to see him behind bars yet that wouldn't end well. After his little show at the Ball they monitor any and every devices Genji owns. Maybe a trip to the local bar. It was karaoke night. Many went during this night perhaps she could be there. His heart hurt to toy with with the thoughts of her and seeing her. He began to sit up. Time to stop the pain and try to see her.

  The bar was not as packed as she thought it would be. Fareeha waved her over. She sat next to the man she was dancing at the Ball. Angela took a seat next the cowboy man. "Did he get my phone number?" she questioned as the man took a sip from his beer. "He got it maybe he is a bit frightened to call" he answered with a hint of a New Mexican accent. Her heart sank at the thought of that. The couple that went up next was composed of a young Korean girl and a Brazilian male.

  Genji didn't think it would take 30 minutes to get to the bar but it did. He stuffed his mask in his bag as well as his gloves. He hid it behind a dumpster out back of the bar. The door was made of oak. It creaked open. Genji stepped in as a couple made their way of the stage. A sight he didn't expect to see was Mcree sitting next to the Egyptian women from the dance and Angela.

  His heart raced. This could complicate things but he bit his cheek and moved for the bar. He ordered his normal a pint of Guinness. The walk to the small ground took every ounce of his skill not to make a noise.

  Mcree didn't notice Genji sitting down until he heard him clear his throat. "Hello" he spoke with such confidence it scared Mcree.

  Angela was ecstatic to hear his voice. She turned an looked at him. "I didn't know you were coming" she said "Well you know walking back from work I decided to get a drink" Genji responded. A voice came from the stage "We are trying something new this karaoke night. We are going to select a random person to sing a song that the audience will choose.".

Genji realized all to soon that he just fuck up coming here. The man scanned the crowd and pick him out. Everyone cheered as Genji stood up. He wished to die a thousands death before he had to do this. It's not he had fear of singing but more of stage fright. Why'd he get picked. It was a slow walk to the stage. His mind wandered as he got on the stage. Everyone began to chant. It was the name of the song. Of course it was Africa by TOTO, he never liked that's song.

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in, 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"
It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had
The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless, longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had
Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
(I bless the rain)
I bless the rains down in Africa
(I bless the rain)
I bless the rains down in Africa
(Ah, gonna take the time)
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

Angela jaw dropped. He can sing as well. She was beginning to like him even more but couldn't help but shake the feeling that she knows from somewhere. He took his seat. "What's you name? I never caught it" she questioned. "Genji Shimada" he replied.

Later into the night

The night dragged into the wee hours of the morning. The merry group began to part ways. "I guess I'll call" Fareeha said kissing Mcree's cheek. "Sayonara Angel" Genji said kissing her forehead. Mcree,Genji,and Fareeha walked to their apartments. Angela stood there as realization struck. He's the Thief.