Chapter 12

I'm surprised no one has called me out for the references to other games in this.
-•-

Mcree sat down next to Genji who commented who he looked like a reject from the rodeo. That part was partly true. Mcree started from when they first met which was when they were little in the city orphanage. Genji was made fun of for not being able to speak English all that well.

*Flashback*

Genji stood in the room by himself. English was his second language which he just recently learned. His father and brother were murdered a week ago. While he could go back home and live comfortably by himself with his family's wealth, the clan elders voted that he stays in America. Many of the older kids made fun of him for his accent or stuttering during class. He didn't have any friends but his thieving and scamming skills were superb at such a young age. Mcree wanted to talked to the new kid but many of the older kids were being asses and barricading him in the room. This didn't sit well with him. Mcree knocked out their leader in single blow, he continued through the rest of the bullies with the same process. The rest scattered after some watching their friends get knocked out by a eleven year old. It took Mcree awhile to take down the barricade. It was made out of broken furniture and lose pieces of wood lying about.

Genji hadn't expected to see a friendly face during his stay here. Mcree's goofy grin and six sizes to big cowboy hat let Genji know that he was a friend. As time went on the two were always getting into trouble but their career as thieves started was when they stole all of the money out of the orphanage owner's safe. Genji and Mcree where getting pushed out into the real world in a week with barely any money or education. The building it self was condemned and the care takers abused the children. No one cared anyhow. They were just a bunch of orphans that no one wanted. Mcree was to distract the brutes that guarded the office door. He did it the only way he knew how......knock out the poor bastards. A fight broke out which allowed Genji to slip by undetected. The office was full of pillows and hookahs and the safe was behind the desk. He grabbed the safe with both hands. It wasn't very large, maybe a foot long,2 feet wide, and a foot tall. More of a strong box than anything. The fight outside sounded more like a prison riot than a simple fist fight. Genji set the safe on the cart sitting in air vent. They had planned this 2 weeks ago. The set up took a day of pure work. Yet it only took twenty minutes to pull off. He pushed the cart back into the vent before setting the grate in front of it. He snuck out the same door. Every child in the orphanage was fighting and Mcree was sitting to the side chuckling. He had a black eye and was happy to see his friend. They snuck out to the back alley and pulled the cart out. There belongings sat behind a dumpster. It was a new start for them, and no one was going to stop them.

*Flashback is over*

Genji tilted his head at the story. It was familiar to him but could not place it. The lights cut out as smoke filled the room. Glass shattered and the room was filled of screaming. When everything cleared only Lena,Fareeha, and Angela were left. Mcree and Genji were missing. A note was left for the trio. 'Don't try to find me or your friends get it'- Signed DoomFist.