→ s i x

“Oh come on, Chuba! You don't have to take my dish to the sink. I know exactly where your kitchen is plus I'm NOT a visitor.” I say somewhat exasperatedly to him. I mean he's been acting weird, kind of, something's definitely up with him.

“Uhh, you're my guest? I'm supposed to treat you like one, fool. Now just hush and gimme the plate.”

I tighten my grip on it and childishly keep it behind me. “Boys don't say ‘gimme’ you know, and nope. You made pancakes for me and bought pizza which you didn't let me pay partly for even after I warned you the last time!”

“But you still ate though. ” He retorts whilst grinning.

“That's besides the point! Now focus! ” I yell and he raises his hands in surrender.

“Fine, fine, fine. I'm sorry. ” He says. “For buying pizza and making pancakes for my pig of a bestfriend!  I promise to let you pay next time.”

“Good.”

“Can I have your dish now? ” He asks with his right hand outstretched.

I pout then oblige.

“Thank you.”

“You're not welcome.” I reply then stick my tongue out. Childish, I know. Chuba  just shakes his big head and stalks off to the kitchen. We're in his sitting room though.

He returns some minutes later though and the old episode of Two and A Half Men airing from Comedy Central had gone halfway already and I just had to ask what he was doing back there.

“I had to clean up. You know Mom hates the sight of dirty plates.” He says whilst plopping down beside me on the long armchair.

True though. I think his mom's a germaphobe. I just stare at him before saying, “You know you're freakishly neat for a teenaged boy.

He smirks. “I know.”

“Well, except the part where you take your first bath for the day at Four PM.” I add.

“You just had to spoil it, hater.”

I grin evilly and rest my head on his shoulder beside mine and he flinches.

“What's up with you, Chuba?” I ask getting up. He doesn't look at me but shrugs rather and I think he's looking at my ears?

“What do you mean?” He evades. Still not making eye contact.

“You're being jumpy and now that I think of it, you've kind of avoided eye contact with me ever since I got here, so what's up or I'm leaving.”

He takes in a deep breath and then pauses the show. “Can you sit?”

“Only if you're going to explain what's going on here, yes?”

He sighs and then nods. “I will, promise. Just sit.” Then he pats the space beside him where I recently sat.

He takes in another deep breath and then, “Here goes.. ”