→ d i x - n e u f

“Jon would like to see you. He's downstairs.”

Jon wants to see me? I mean yeah, we've been closer lately but he's never just popped to see me. He probably uses Tayo as an excuse to, sometimes, but he doesn't just bluntly appear to see me, you get?

Just shut up and go see him.

“And why are your hands in my face?”

“I was waving to get your attention because you sort of blanked out for a while.” She said, with a sickly smile on her face.

“And why you smiling?”

“Oh.. nothing much. I just love to see two people in love.”

I don't even bother to deny anything because it's pointless and I don't have the energy to argue with Lola right now even though I'm obviously not in love with Jon. That's a fact.

“Omg, she didn't even argue or deny it.” She squeals.

“Lola, get out.”

She frowns. “But you're coming down, right?”

“Yes, I'm coming down.” Then I point at the door. She begins to jump and squeal and what the actual fuck is wrong with this child? Someone help, please.

I get up from the bed and shove her out. Then lock my door to avoid another intrusion before heading into the bathroom to wash my face. I don't know, I always look like a zombie whenever I've just woken up.

Oh well..

※  ※  ※  ※

After changing into shorts and a big tee(shirt), I start to head downstairs; but halfway through my descent, my phone begins to vibrate in my pocket. It's kind of startling because my phone's mostly always on DND.

Anyway, I suspend my descent and just sit on the staircase, leaning on the railings. I see three texts, one from dad and the others from Chuba.

Daddy ❤»

Hey, baby. Just
landed in PH.
Take care of yourself,
okay? lol.

I quickly draft up a reply,

You too, dad.
I miss you already!
😭😭

I count to five before his reply comes in, my dad is one of the best texters  in existence, he replies almost as soon as your message gets delivered to him unless he's super busy or asleep, or as in the case of Germany, different time zones ish.

Daddy ❤»

I'll be back in two weeks,
okay?
Got to go now, on
my way to the site
and phones aren't
allowed there.

It's okay, dad.
Stay safe.
Love you!

Love you too, baby!

I begin to smile like a freak before I look up from my phone and notice someone at the bottom of the stairs and yes, it's Jon.

“Why are you always sneaking up on me.” I ask, mustering up the fakest irritated look I could manage.