→ o n z e

He raises a brow, “They say?”

I let out a nervous laughter before shrugging again, “The Bible says, happy now?”

Shaking his head, he asks with a teasing glint in his eyes, “And why would that make me happy?”

I just reply by rolling my eyes.

“So what else were you told?”

He takes in a deep breath and suddenly turns serious, “Well, after your mom's NGO picked us up, they basically catered for all our needs —medical, physical, psychological, et cetera— I was out for five weeks and when I finally woke up, I asked for an ‘Aria’. I've no idea who that is right now but I figured it must've been someone really close, I guess.”

“Also clueless about who I was travelling with but the NGO promised to get in touch with the Airline back home at Toronto — obviously that's where we stayed— and get some background information. It's been four months already, Simi, so I'm kind of losing hope of that happening anytime soon.” and then shrugs. Kind of noticed he shrugs a lot, Jon.

“Umm, a month later, I could take a few steps and —”

“Wait,” I cut in, “You couldn't walk?”

“For nine weeks after the accident, not really, no. But physiotherapy really helped me out. I have appointments every other Saturday too.

“Oh, that explains why you're hardly here on Saturdays.”  And the slight limp in your steps too..

“Yes, but the frequency of the appointment's going to lessen in January.” He replies.

“Good news. Really sorry for interrupting, please go on, that's if you still want to of course.” I quickly add, “Though it's still relevant to the story, so…yeah.”

He laughs before saying it was okay, as usual, and then continues with his somewhat depressing story that's really got me hooked.

That says something about me, doesn't it?

※  ※  ※  ※

So thank you ..
For trusting me with your
story

JON»

No, it's cool. Really.
This is cheesy as hell but
I feel lighter, kind of,
like I could practically
float rn.

😮
that's a tad bit creepy, Jon
but okay!

SMH

😝

Child.

Anyway, so what's your deal?

My deal?

Yes.
And don't pretend not
to get it.

Ok. Ok. Fine..
My deal is

I'VE NO DEAL!!  😁

Pfffft
EVERYONE has a deal, Simi.