→ d o u z e

“When exactly were you planning on telling me you got yourself a boyfriend, woman.” Chuba asks whilst looking through my mini bookshelf on the far right corner of my room. I don't know why, I have NEVER seen the guy read any book before unless…

Focus!

What boyfriend is he talking about?

“What are you saying?”

“Really, Simi. You're going to be this way? Lola told me everything, by the way.” He says before grabbing one book off the shelf and heading to my bed to ‘rest’.

I just shake my head at him, “Lola told you everything you say: what exactly did she tell you.”

He just gives me one of his bored looks before talking, “Apparently, you and the Jon guy who lives with the Dukes’ are a thing now. She said she saw you guys two days ago, all cozied up in the sitting room, talking and laughing and you two didn't even notice when she came in the dining to get water from the dispenser, et cetera.”

I mentally facepalm myself before yelling,

“No! No! No et cetera, I want to know everything she told you!”

Chuba just looks at me in a way that makes it seem like I'm getting rabid.

“C'mon! Just want to know how I'm going to attack the hyena.”

What? She really sounds like one when she laughs

“Hey! That's my girlfr—”

I swat the arm closest to me, effectively cutting him off.

“HEY!! What was that for?”

“Stop being so whiny, sissy. That's my baby sister and she wayyy before she became your girlfriend so shush. Now don't think I've forgotten about you telling what the hyena said. Everything.

He glares his eyes out and I try to swat his head but he jumps out of the bed on time.

“Chuba!! I'm serious!  Spill, now!”

“Okay, okay!  Jesus. Chill, okay? So …”

※  ※  ※  ※

“Damilola Ayo!!” I yell whilst walking into her room with Chuba trailing behind me.”

“Simi! What's with all the shouting lately?” She replies and covers her ears for dramatic effect(I think) because I wasn't that loud.

Was I?

“Oh, no!” She exclaims when she sees Chuba entering behind me. “What'd you do, Judas.” She says to him.

“Nothing!” He groans out and I almost burst out laughing.

“She basically forced it out of me.” He adds.

“Of course she did.”

“Hey!” I snap my fingers in her face, “Focus. Why would you yap about Jon and I, you hyena!”

“Ouch. Simi.. ”

“I'm waiting.”

“Okay.. Okay, well I genuinely thought you two were going out now;for the past two days you guys sure do talk a lot. I mean, I can't sleep at night!”

“Hey! I'm not that loud!”

“Yeah, you are. Its a wonder mom doesn't hear you from her room.”

“I'm not! Probably only when I laugh.”

“O-kay sis, whatever you say.”

“So that's why you jumped into conclusions?”

“I didn't! Okay, maybe I did but I had only good intentions. I totally ship Jimi, honestly.” She says with a sickly smile on her annoying face.

Jimi?

“Yup. That's your ship name —Jon and you. Cute right?”

“No! Not cute because that ship doesn't exist!”

She plasters on a fake smile, “Okay.”

“Good. Now stay out of my business, okay?”

“Okay, okay.. But you really should tone it down a bit at night.”

“I don't scream! You're probably always eavesdropping anyway.”

“I don't!”

“Mmhmm”

“Okay… maybe sometimes! But only because I ship you guys and you're loud too!!”

I just give her a weird look, “Just stop. You're creepy.”

“Simi! ”

“What? Wait, where's Chuba?” I ask, turning to look behind me.

Lola starts to giggle.  “What?”

“He sneaked past you like five minutes ago.”

“And you let him, you traitor.”

She shrugs and Jon gets into my head, he shrugs a lot.

Focus! Simi.

“I'm going to make sure you lose your precious brows soon, one strike left.” I threaten before leaving dramatically.

One, two, thr…

“Simi, don't touch my eyebrows pleeeaaassee!!” She cries out from her room. I just grin evilly to myself.

Who's loud now?