💞Lovebirds- Scene II💞

Arthur

She wakes up with roses surrounding the beauty that she is.
Crowned with love and affection,
for I close the mouths of the wolves.

"They're my friends, Candace. Please have no fears. Oh, you! My sweet breeze of winter."

I say to my dearest.

She sits up, taking a while to smile at me.
Why does my dearest hold back that treasure from me?
Show it out! I need to release that breath of relief suffocating me.
I forgot to tell her that I was raised in the wild.
I feel no fears, for the wolves are like relatives, just childhood friends.

After all, I kept my promise to her.
We have indeed isolated her father's realm.

"Thou art for me more than enough, my dear brave carpenter," she whispers opening her eyes. "For you, I'll reject gold and diamonds, or the riches I had been given, which I had never worked hard to gain.
I would not trade thee for a crown, which will diminish with time.
Let's admire what we have:
Thy friends, ourselves and this small world."

She smiles at me! Finally!
Here comes the bright light of the sun.
It's sunrise, but can't be compared to the beauty of my dearest.
Her bright eyes trap my soul.
I fear that I might start breaking the rules.
Her garments feel heavy on her and her lips hang for moisture.
Myself is not allowed to draw my bold hands on your majesty.
I want to set that limit!

"Why hast thou turned his face away from my gaze?

A raging passion is drumming inside of me, for it yearns to feel your flesh upon mine."

In a short second, I feel tempted to respond to the desire to glance at her. However, I know that if I do, I will not be able to retain myself.

"I know my innocence is valuable.
But my love for thee makes me vulnerable.
Forgive my eagerness, my charming carpenter."

"Excuse you not, your majesty!" I assure.

"It is me who shall present my apologies for being so greedy.
I want you to the point of feeling like swallowing thee alive.
Such shameful thoughts race through my mind like eagles:
Fast, and in a deliberate manner."

Her eyes speak to me. Oh heavens! Bless my pure heart, since I choose not to feed our selfish greed.

My thirst to love Candace is infinite.
We fell off our cliff and still,
we're not broken.
We crossed rivers, and still,
we survived.
I can reach to the stars and pluck one out to place as a pillow under her head,
as my sweet raisin cake rests in her nest, the fresh grass on which we are laid on.

Candace is my bouquet of flowers,

but I will transform her into a garden.
I will satisfy her needs, once we tie the knots:
The one that God imposed on Adam and Eve.
Then, she will be mine.
I will get her drunk with my love,
staggering on her feet as her soul gets fed up with gestures of affection.
I will make her sing the melodies of the birdies every time the moon takes its place among the dark clouds.
She'll be my bride,
the one who will no longer bother to wear her garments. Like... ever!

Her neck is like a tower,
studded with diamonds and copper.
I will shower it with kisses and make it soft under my touch.
I will tingle her back with my lips, and make her cheeks blush as I secure her head on my chest.

"Oh, how I desire you, your majesty!" I breathe.
"Your teeth look like a newborn bathing in his mother's milk. I will burst through the limits that I've settled, as soon as I espouse thee."

As I look at my beloved, I see hee laying on my laps.
My teeth twinkle, as they want to softly bite her sharp ears.
Beneath her head I want to place my arms. However, I forbit myseld not to.

"Arthur, my love, when shall we marry?" she urges, "I want to hear screams of joy among the trees; toddlers running around as they call us to play with the wolves. I want our newborns to be as white as thee, oh, my beloved!"

Even though this sounds flattering, I would prefer our children to be as dark as her, for she is lovely...

"My dove princess, I will watch our offspring grow old and praising you for your limitless wisdom."

I am not a fool and neither is the King, Candace's father. He will not rest until he finds his daughter. How can I keep calm knowing that I betray the trust of the same man who took me to his home and bathed me as if I was his own blood? He paid one of his servants to breastfeed me while she was nursing her own, just to keep me alive. Stealing her daughter away from him is one of the most unscrupulous crime that anyone could ever do to a man. Yet, I can't feel any regrets for what I have done. I never stole anybody's possessions until now. Though, I can't view Candace as a gem that I've deliberately and selfishly stolen. Rather, I feel that we belong together and wherever I am, so should she.

"I want our children to share thy complexion," I touch her hand, "then I'll have no doubts that they will be a blessing to the world."