Taste Of Bliss

Arthur:

I see someone blindfolded being carried to the woods. I recognize her voice as soon as I hear it. I exhale out a long breath of relief as my poor heart finds its reason to rejoice once again. My hands itch with the urge to envelope her between my arms and feel her head against my beaten chest.

The soldier leading her to the cabin motions at the ones who are watching after me to alert her presence. He is trying to help her get to where I am while she's fighting him and refusing to stay at ease.

"Candace! My dearest. They won't harm thee... please, have no fear."

Candace:

As soon as Arthur's voice reaches my ears, it calms my distressed soul. I depend on him to remain alive just as a youthful plant needing sunlight and water to grow. I can finally breathe again now that I know for sure he is safe and sound.

"Arthur! My raisin cake... where art thou?"

Arthur:

I do not want her to see me in the chains and in my surprise, the soldiers get me free before removing her blindfold.

One of the guards:

"Thou canst talk to the Ethiopian Princess, however it's in her best interest that you don't attempt to escape. If you do, she will pay the consequences."

Arthur:

A smile nests on the lips of my dearest. I draw her into mine arms to welcome her warmth and company.

"My turtledove and sunshine, I could not sleep or eat while knowing that I would be deprived to see thee. Revitalize my dying soul with the nectar dripping from thy lips! Sustain me with thine affection, may thy words abundantly comfort mine ears as they longed for thee since the day you left the dungeon. It's agonizing to recall of thy hands being pulled by force from mine. Now that I'm with thee, I hope the night will last forever."

Candace:

"Thou makest me feel just as the green vegetation of the earth. Life is more bearable by thy side, especially now that I'm childing."

He stares at me as his lips part widely open.

Arthur:

"Thou art birthing a child?"

She nods her head while lacing her arms around my neck.

Candace:

"The King looked so devastated knowing that I'm bearing that child. However, I care not about what he thinketh. I do not regret being thy spouse or loving thee. Even if it'd meant to stay here forever with thee, I would not hesitate doing so."

Arthur:

"Loving me hath been costly for thee and thy family. I ruined thy reputation, thy home and I robbed thine integrity. How can I forgive myself, Candace?"

Candace:

His eyes are becoming red as if he tends to cry. I immediately stroke his face and draw his chin on my shoulder. I am still trying to comfort him while I am the hopeless one.

"Say not such a thing, my love. Thou hast not done any harm to mine image. I am still a princess, yet I am willing to give up my name for thee. Believest thou not so?"

Arthur:

"The fruit of our love is a burden to thy father. A load that I wish I could share with thee. What will people think of our union? This child? What will happen to us?"