🌑 The Shadow 🌑

Enter Gigar with a weary face and tears in his eyes.

Gigar:

"Ada! Th'art here?"

Ada:

He exclaims as he notices me walking along My lady Gertrude. My heart feels like a wrecking ship within me.
I want to run. I told Amul that we should be leaving tomorrow, but Gigar showing up wasn't listed in my plans. I find myself under the obligation to stay since hiding from him would give the most suspicious impressions. I always preferred to remain in the shadows than the light. Sadly! One night before the big day, he decideth to ruin everything.

Amul:

"Do not reprimand her, for I invited her here. So, please, do not insult my maiden!"

Gigar:

"What a surprise! She is finally somebody's maiden. I thought she was everybody's.

Amul:

"Be careful with thy statements! I hope thou wilt have a good explanation for thy profanities after we take care of our father, since he shall be our main focus for now."

Gigar:

"You must trust her a lot. It's so unfortunate to see that thou hast no taste when it comes to women."

Ada:

Amul fists his hands as Amul keeps uttering his provocative speeches.

"Amul, the King. We have to take him inside!"

I slide one hand over his shoulder, which he pats out before cooling down.

Gigar:

"You even caused me to forget my manners, Amul."

I turn my head to his mother's direction.

"Hello, Lady Gertrude!"

Gertrude:

"Salute, Gigar."

Amul:

"Where is he?"

Gigar:

"By the entrance."

Gertrude:

"Hurry! The both of you. We must take him in immediately."

Amul:

"Ada, stay here with my mother."

Ada:

"Aye, my lord."

Amul:

We rush outside and take the King from the front gate. His whole body looks lifeless on the floor. Without hesitation, I lift him up while Gigar holds him by the legs, yet with tender care, to carry him inside.