UNABASHED

Amul:

I get out of the closet. I stare at her silently. The veins in my neck feel as if they are forming into a string to strangle me. They lock the words down and so does the pain.

Ada:

Say something.

Amul:

Why did you drag my brother into this?

Ada:

To facilitate the way for David to get in the castle.

Amul:

You are incredible! After thou hast run free from Tekle, you went straight to my mother's domain, so I would not suspect anything. Which also means that you would not have answered my humble invitation if any of this had occurred. Then, thou hast left as soon as you found the opportunity because you knew the arrow would've exposed thee.

Ada:

I think you'll need this.

I slip the engagement ring off my finger and stretch it to him.

Amul:

Keep it! After all, there are some memories that are worth to be kept. This ring is one of them.

I close her knuckles over the ring to clear it off my sight. In a minute, our hands lock as magnets attracting each other. No matter what I do, my hands won't let go of hers.

Ada:

Hast thou ever loved me?

Amul:

"Although I had learned to conceal myself from mine own feelings, I did love thee and that, more than anything. Thou art the wind that makest the trees' branches shriek with laughter. Likewise, you were my joy. I often admired thee plucking fresh raisins from the garden in the afternoon. I watched thy hair dancing in the breeze while you would sing as you draw water up the well to appease the thirst of the sheep. You did not notice me during those times, but I was in the corner."

Ada:

"You forget to mention that my songs were always about the day you'd come to realize that I was longing for a ring and to become thy wife."

Amul:

"I did hear them. They tickled my heart sometimes when I was less preoccupied with my regular duties."

Ada:

"How hysterical! I never knew that."

Amul:

"Did you have to?"

Ada:

"Nay. What else do you remember of me?"

Amul:

"One day, you brought me water after I dismissed the soldiers... It was after our training. You lifted the waterskin to my mouth and asked me to teach thee how to be like me, which I accepted only because you persisted."

Lovers' SinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara