🗝 A SECRET?- SCENE IV🗝

Arthur:

"Like an arid soil craving rain, so is my soul thirsty for Candace. I lay on the green grass, but that only brings me the pleasing memories of her. Singing while I cut woods to make fire at night to keep her body warm and our cottage cozy. I remember when she used to feed the wolves growling for food. Now, none of them is here! Not even the balmy breezes coming out from these woods can assuage mine agony. The melancholy won't go away. It's as if my heart is being seized and placed in stocks in order to keep me enslaved in mine oppression for being deprived of the love of my dearest. It is still pining for Candace. My whole senses are numb, friend! I am currently not able to think of an escape plan. Hast thou an idea?"

David:

"Why art thou worrying?
I have everything under control.
Should we spend the night brabbling over thy sorrow?
I spake to thee and we came to an agreement that thou shalt rest.
Didn't we?"

Arthur:

"Her absence maketh my soul bitter.
Thy words are like thorns to mine ears, for I start doubting thine intentions.
Why hast thou brought me here?
Is there something to fear that thou art not telling me?"

David:

"Thou believest I don't mean to be thy friend?"

Arthur:

"No friendship can be built on dishonesty, David. If you tell me the truth, then yes, we are. If not, you are just an unscrupulous and sanguinolent fellow who's hiding behind a good Samaritan mask in order to hide his devious ways."

He finally unleashes the fiendish laughter that was stuck between his lips. Then, he tosses a sword in my direction, which I quickly catch, unaware.

David:

"The King is in great danger.
Thou knowest how much our people have suffered.
They need a light, that will lead them to freedom.
They deserve to have their own independence.
They won't do it if no one rises to make a change!"

Arthur:

"Thou hast lost thy mind?
This is suicide, David!
We are too small in amount to stand against the King, and less, an entire nation. Now, I just find my heart swimming in a swamp of terror because of thine inconvenient reasoning."

David:

"A hero never fears what's to come.
Art thou ready to be thine own peoples' only hope and emancipator?"

Arthur:

"We fear God who hates violence.
Savagery can only draw chaos.
I do not want to be part of such movement!"

He grinds. There's a mixture of anger and passion in his voice. He hath made me vulnerable by bringing me into these woods, so I wouldn't have a choice but accepting to join the rebellion. I can't see myself harming the King. After all, he remains the father of my beloved. Besides, I owe him my life, for he had spared me from slavery. I have been fortunate to be free amongst my fellow Jew brothers, who are still kept in captivity.
Why would I advance my hands to commit such abhorrent cruelty?