❣Angry Lovebirds- Scene III❣

Arthur

A month passed
that I've married Candace, the queen of my life.
Her hands, as soft as the heart of a strawberry, can no longer help me with my chores.
As she tried to cut the wood to make dinner, a small piece of that rough tree injured my dearest.
The fresh blood ran down her palm to her wrist, which I hastened to kiss as soon as my heart punctured with panic.
Her tears made me cringe with guilt.
How could I allow my beautiful princess to harm herself?

"I miss my father, my servants and my brothers as well. Set me free from your love, so I may return to the castle." She cries. "This month feels like a decade without my loved ones."

She taps me on my shoulder and folds her hands while talking in a pleading tone.
"Dear raisin cake, I fear that our love is not enough! Not to fill this void that I have within."

There is a blazing fire growing in my eyes. A wrathful one.
I am left bewildered by my dearest.
I accept not to let her return to the castle.
Her father, the King, will punish me.
He will cut me alive if he ever finds us. Though I won't be able to ever see her again.
He will rip my soul from its very roots.
I am not worried about my life,
for I could care less if I live or not.
The only thing is my sweetheart!
Why is my lovely dove poisoning her heart against me for a minor accident?

I glare at her, letting silence reign over.
My heart loses all power;
It's shutting down from affliction, all that, because of my tormented wife.

"My feet feel chained in here,
around folks that I don't know.
I belong with you and it's not what I am protesting against." She sighs, "yet, there is a truth to clarify.
The abyss which thou hast drawn me into.
You blinded me while we were escaping, for I couldn't see how wrongful it was of me to leave.
But clearly, this is not what I expected."

"Your majesty shall not blame me because I followed the command which you gave me," I object, "It was your majesty's wish that we flee together over the mountains."

"Judge me not, for I am very young! You could have at least waited for me to past the bloom of youth before luring me into your snare."

"I curse the day I married thee! Since your ungratefulness is not what I expected either." My ears hissed at her piquant accusations. I never forced her to abandon her home nor did I ever advise it. She hath always pleaded me to take her to my village and live a modest life. Perhaps it was a wrongful idea. Candace, as spoiled as she is, will never be able to be contented living a simple life around ordinary people. I wish she could adjust as fast as I did when I first came to the village. It was not an ideal place for me at first, but the more time I spent there, the more I learned to love it. "Go back, if it's what you desire. As for me, I'll bury my soul in the fantasy of you. My obsession for thee! Oh, cruel majesty."

She is looking at me.
I am already sharing her gloominess, as tears drop down my cheeks.
She hurts me. A lot!
Why does she blame me for loving her?
Anyhow, her father would've gotten her married to one of those powerful knights. I just thought we were in love. Aren't we?

Without any expectations,
she locks her full lips with mines...
Which I enjoy, as I missed the honey dripping from her tongue.
I close my eyes as she starts humming the cheerful tune of our love.
What a foolish way to end an argument!
I can't win a war against my sweet breeze of winter. Her charm, which I can't resist makes me weak in the knees. I wish I could release my soul from that fervent passion taking us both captive.

She is eager to apologize.
She is stressed out,
as she never worked in her life before.
We are striving in this place...
This small village.
Here, we won't eat if we don't go look for our food.
We are responsible to take care of ourselves.
I have to walk to the river to bathe myself.
There are no more servants to prepare her baths or to massage her back with ointments anymore. Besides, she feels lonely and abandoned whenever I go out hunting. She wants me here, with her!

"May you sustain my soul with green apples," she says, "your eyes are keener than jade stones. Your aroma is finer than jasmine. Do not walk away, I implore thee."

"Your hands are softer than satin. Your nose is as pointy as a spear." I ease her mind as I show that I am not holding her words against her. I asked her to Allow me to finish cutting the woods since she finds pleasure watching me work with diligence. Then I promise that I will draw her into my arms, till the moon peeks its eyes out behind the blackness of the high skies. "I will lay your head over my shoulder, as I hold your right arm. You won't regret having waited for me to love you until the sun rises up again."

"Your bulky back is sweaty, my love," she chuckles with a light nod.
"My eyes keep scrutinizing thy veins flexing under thy flesh. Your calves look like those of a warrior's. As for your lips, they got dried by the sun. At least, accept that I keep them moist with my kiss."

Arthur:

"My arms are eager to work. They want to get back to the task, so you may find enough to eat." I reason. "Harbor no grudge against me, for I refuse your tactile gestures of fondness."

She fears that I would get drowsy by the heat. She could not bear watching me labouring myself in the sun. "I will help thee if you allow me."

"Your hand is still bruised. I wish I was the one feeling the sore and not thee!" I pressed a kiss onto her cheek to end the conversation. "Let me dress your wound before it gets infected."

"You don't have to worry yourself, dear raisin cake. I will find myself a bandage and secure the dress on the wound since you won't stop agonizing over this small accident if I don't."

Arthur:

"I shall heal that cut thee hast on your palm in no time. I will massage it with frankincense and make it laugh with delight. I will make the sores disappear. Believe me, my queen! I will offer you the stars from the heavens. Very soon. Thou hast to be patient."

She chuckles. The birds groan from envy. They wish they had her voice's frequency. It makes the bushes tremble with glee. Her voice rings the bells of the heavens. We must expect rain to pour, as she becomes filled with hope. The one that I gave her through a promise, which is to give her the best of me. I will make her discover the sea's treasures through the life we'll live together. Our children won't miss anything good from this world, for their mother will be the Queen of this land.

She brings me a leather bottle and poured the cold water down to my mouth, as I lay my head backwards. I appease my thirst, thanks to her, then, I continue to work, still with my back bared under the torrid heat of the sun.