Open Your Eyes

Raven's POV 💜
I awoke to the breathtaking sight of Beast Boy's lovable green face.

His strong arms were wrapped securely around me, my hands (the only thing keeping us apart) were placed on his chest, and we both faced each other on top of my queen sized bed.

Have I ever mentioned that he is extremely adorable when he's sleeping?
Because he is.

I wanted to kiss him so badly...
Even if there was about a 99.9% chance that he'd have a bad case of morning breath.

Staring up at his long eyelashes, realization finally hit hard.

He's my boyfriend.
My...boyfriend.

I can hug and kiss him all I want now.
Despite any flaws either of us possess.

Come to think of it, I'm probably a mess at the moment.
I hope he doesn't notice.

After what felt like hours of gazing at him, I leaned in and planted a gentle kiss on his lips.

He didn't respond at first, but after about 10 seconds, I felt him slowly start to kiss back, and a wave of joy washed throughout my entire body.

He pulled away and smiled faintly at me, still looking very sleepy, his eyelids threatening to fall.

In the deepest voice I had ever heard him use, he greeted me. "Mornin' Rae."

At first I couldn't believe my ears, his voice had always been so in between, not too high and not too low. It was as sweet to me as a skillfully composed melody.

But to be honest, it was actually quite attractive.

"Woah, what's up with the ole vocal chords?" I chuckled softly.

"What? Oh, that's just my morning voice. Happens every once in a while, it'll wear off soon." He waved it off as if it were nothing.

"Well I've personally taken a bit of a liking to it. Gotta wake up next to you more often." I stated, snuggling up closer to him as I trailed my fingers down his masculine chest.

With his voice, still deep as ever, he whispered to me,"I'd like that."

I giggled and he smiled again at me.

His eyes started to close,"Well Rae, I don't think my stay in Snoozeville is over just yet."

"But-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, he was out like a light.
That is, if candles snore.

I adjusted the pillow underneath his head, and he continued to doze away, without the annoying bulldozing sound.

I glanced over at my bedside table and my alarm clock read 8:30.

As much as I wanted to stay there next to him, wrapped in his loving embrace, whilst staying underneath my warm and comfortable blankets...
I had better start my day.

I slipped out of his arms and off of the bed. He sleepily clawed at the air in search of me, which I couldn't help but find incredibly cute, so I grabbed the giant chicken and pushed it over to him.