Risen Remembrance

Raven's POV 💜
I rubbed my eyes with my one free hand and yawned, but Beast Boy turned abruptly and shushed me.

Oh, did I mention I was currently being dragged across the tower by him?

And by dragged I mean that quite literally. My body was trying its best to retreat to the floor, the closest thing to a warm flat surface. So my back was arched downwards away from him. But his firm grip on my arm restrained me.

Idly, I let my mind wander back to my comfortable bed, and surprisingly pleasant dreams. The warmth of my pillow, cushioning my head as I ventured off into my own still paradise, an escape from reality.

But in the midst of my slumber, and what seemed to be the middle of the night, Beast Boy had snuck into my room and hurriedly awoken me.

If I hadn't been so groggy, I would have had half the mind to at least smack him into his senses and make him leave me be, by whatever means necessary.

But of course, the one downfall of sleep is that once you wake up, you still have a lingering trace of the trance it puts you in, making you unaware of your surroundings. It usually only lasts no more than a minute or two, which was more than enough time for Beast Boy to drag my partially unconscious body out of bed.

I think I also vaguely remember him straining to carry me bridal style as well, but it's all a bit of a blur.

It made me wonder why he was up so early in the first place, given the fact that he usually slept in whenever he had the chance.

Come to think of it, as of now, our roles were inverted. I was usually the one to get up first. It was either I couldn't sleep, or I just simply wished to start my day.

But I'd never force someone out of bed unless I had a solid reason to. So even though I love him unconditionally, he better have a good reason to deprive me of sleep, or else he'd just be giving me yet another reason to smack him.

"Where are we going?" I asked, mid yawn, still sleepy as ever.

"Somewhere." He responded.

"Somewhere?"

"Somewhere."

I frowned, unsatisfied with his words, then tried again.
"What time is it?"

"Sometime."

I groaned in frustration and crossed my arms against my chest.
Well, technically my one arm, since he still had a death grip on my now limp limb, and was refusing to answer me in anything other than vague one word sentences and I had honestly had enough.

"Garfield Mark Logan- and yes, I pulled out your middle name again- if you don't inform me of wherever you're trying to drag me to without my consent right this instant, I swear I'll-"

But then I stopped.

Because before I could even finish that sentence, he had whipped around, grabbed me by my lower back with both hands and pulled me towards him faster than I could process.

Then, when I tried to muster the English language or simply catch my breath, he looked deep into my eyes and pulled me even closer, my back still a bit arched, being the only thing standing between full contact.

But he didn't seem to care, for he leaned down, still holding my body up, and stopped once he was less than an inch away from me.

My breath was caught in my chest seeing how close he was. But he didn't move closer, and now I was yearning for another kiss from him, even though just about a minute ago I was furious with this same person.