Five ~ Gestures

Uen Kyung P.O.V

March 18th ~ Jungkook's memory is getting worse.

As the another day passes me and jungkook decide to get some "food" as they call it here.

How is goopy mashed up goop "food"

It makes me feel sick inside that they even serve this to people. How to people survive on this shit?

Jungkook was still holding my hand.

He did it everyday. To show that he didn't want to let me go.

He told me that last night when we're cuddling against each other in the closet room.

He wanted to know what real affection felt like so I showed him.

He would always do that now.

He would do so many gestures to show what he meant and sometimes he would do it wrong.

It was honestly so adorable to see him fail at such cute and easy things.

You'd think knowing gestures and facial expressions are... instinct?

Is he that insane?

Has he lost that much memory... from this place?

Oh my god. This is horrific.

He still had his hand interlocked with mine tightly and I never let go.

I won't let go at this point, until we eventually depart again. That will be hard for both of us... we have become so close now.

I could see him scoop his goop onto his tray in front of him and you'd think someone would make a disgusted face at that, he didn't.

I did though and the woman who was serving slapped my hand harshly.

"You'd better respect my food! This all your gettin!" She says in a strange accent.

I see the red mark on my hand and feel another rush anger appear out of nowhere.

I try to hold it back a little bit as I slide to the "pudding"

It was even worse.

It was "spotted dick".

I felt like throwing up on the spot so I lead jungkook to another empty table and we both sit down, staring down at our food.

"What actually is this? Mashed potato?" He asks cutely looking back at me, as if I would know.

as he starts to eat it in front of me.

"I'm not actually sure... I think it is mixed with something. I'm not even going to eat it" I reply, pushing it away from me.

"It's actually not that bad, you should try it!" He replies, shoving the spoon suddenly in my mouth.

He laughs and watches me chew it.

I spit it out immediately and push the tray away again, trying not to throw up on the spot.

"How can you eat that! Oh my god it tastes like frozen yoghurt that has been stored away for 5 years!" I reply looking up at him in confusion.

"I don't know. I think it tastes okay. A lot of other people agree with me" he replies, as we both turn around to the masses of people.

Nobody was eating there food at all.

Someone even threw up at the time he said that.

"You are so cute jungkook" I say, holding his hand tighter as I rub my thumb across the palm of his hand softly.

He looks down at my hand in confusion.

"What does that mean?" He asks bewildered at the fact that I'm rubbing the palm of his hand.

"It's just what people do sometimes when they give affection. They rub a part of the hand with their thumb." I reply, as I keep doing it.

"Oh. That's quite interes....um inter..." he didn't know how to say the word and it was so adorable.

"Interesting?" I question as he looks back at me amazed and his face lightens up immediately.

"Yes that's it! I've been wanting to know how to say that word just so I could say it to you!" He replies laughing really hard because of how excited he was.

My heart sank to the bottom of my chest.

He really wanted to express his feelings to me... he just never knew how to or how he could express them in words.

I smile at him widely and then look away trying not to shed a tear.