Prologue/ Intro

(A/N Note: Just so you guys know, this is my first story, EVER, so plz don't judge, and if you spot any spelling or grammar mistakes plz tell me in the comments thnx)

In a world where dragons rule, there are 12 elements and each type or 'race' has their own job which their race usually chooses but don't have too:

Fire Dragons:

These hot heads are famous for their cooking and blacksmith work. They tend to have a ragging temper and will destroy anything that keeps them away from their food. They are also some of the best fighters, after the war dragons of course, and are usually found in volcanoes. They usually have a red, orange, yellow, or even slight blue completion and tend to be quite large, they also like to piss of the Ice dragons

Water/Ice:

These two types are so similar yet different in a way that they are opposite, but the same. Ice dragons tend to be quite unpredictable like the water and fire dragons, and can seem cold at times, but the great ice warriors, charged with defending the north and keeping the food stocks chilled, they tend to love the cold and love starting fights with the fire dragons and pissing the peace keepers off, Water dragons are the same, but their jobs usually involve taking care of the populations water and fishing. They usually prefer the cold but many prefer the scalding hot springs near the volcanos, and helping the fire dragons in their forges, along with the metal dragons. The ice dragons tend to be ice blue, white and even grey, while the water dragons are blue turquoise, green or even purple.

Earth/Life/Metal:

Lively bunch, these guys are. Literally. They keep track of everyone's life source, food and wellbeing. They tend to be quite calm and down to earth, and usually suck at fighting. They are usually green, brown and other flowery colours. Metal Dragons are silvery grey, gold, bronze, or even coppery, and are quite large, quite and aggressive, they usually hang out with the fire dragons in their forges and help construct buildings, though they like to be with their earth counterparts, and there can be, on the odd occasion, a case where a earth dragoncan have offspring that is a metal dragon if neither parents are that element and vice versa. The same thing only happens seldomly in celestial dragons.

Sky/Lightning:

Tasked with healing along with the earth dragons, are quite sweet, but like the winds, are unpredictable and can go from being sweet to demonic in seconds. Lightning dragons, are the same but protect the sky's but are usually anything but friendly, except to their mated, family and friends. Lightning dragons are yellow, and sky are white, light blue and sometimes yellow

Poison/Death:

The Poison population like working with brews and other stuff and like to make medicine for the sky dragons. They are usually solitary, unless, in a family clan, and are dark red and purple. Death dragons keep track of the dead, and predict future deaths. You can really imagine why no one likes them that much. They are usually black, but can be dark green or purple

Celestial:

These lively dragons like pretty much everybody, keep the stars and universe in check along with the space dragons and are quite clever, not as stupid as the hot heads, but not as smart as the archives. They are kind, and an sometimes wield more than one Element. Their colours can range from blue, to purple, to gold, to silver, to black. They can sometimes produce offspring of completely different elements, even if neither parents are part of that element. One case was when a Celestial Dragon and a fire dragon had an ice hatchling!

Archive:

The bookworms and teachers, keep everything in order when it come to knowledge, and are usually quite, and small by dragon standards. They can really be any colour because they have the ability to change, but are often orange, blue or creamy white. As they are quite small, males of other elements  often go for the female archives as most females prefer larger males, but the archives are very choosy and usually do research before even considering.

Luck/love/peace:

All of these guys keep things in order, luck dragons are usually fortune tellers and strategists who help place hunting parties and war plans, they are ALWAYS gold. And for some reason, have a high alcohol tolerance. The love dragons are little pink dragons that are the match makers and marriage counsellors because dragons literally mate for life, so there can be a few problems in their everlasting relationships. Peace dragons are sweet gentle guys who are usually small, very bright in color and just keep the peace between the races. Fights break out more than pimples on a teen's face in the dragon realm.

Space/Time:

These silvery dragons work together with the archive dragons an celestial dragons to keep space in order and record events, the space and time dragons are often quite, and prefer to spend their time in the lab, so yeah, these small dragons like their alone time. They often live longer than most dragons, but that is due to their very quiet days in the lab as most dragon deaths are due to violence, though not as much anymore.

War:

Just what it sounds like, (A/N: Fits Erza to the 'E') big brutes, amazing at fighting and, yeah they like the luck dragons and are usually in charge of being in the frontlines, or just hunting. They help the peace dragons when necessary, though they often are the ones starting the fight, especially retired soldiers, soldiers on leave and the generals. General Erza Scarlet mostly.

Light/Dark:

They look after night and day and are quite secretive and stick to themselves, they are white or black in general. They are usually mated to each other for the yin-yang balance in a way. They both take care of any job in particular that they so choose and in every industry there WILL be at least a bunch of light and dark dragons. 

And the Elemental

They can be anything, from raging to sweet. It really depends on the circumstance. She can be born into any race, but there is a slightly larger chance she would be born to celestials

This is where our story begins.

(Edited)