SChapter 2

*Natsu Pov*

There she goes, the future queen. And my best friend. She was there, comforting me when Lissana cheated on me with that jerk Bixslow the war dragon. Who knew Mira's younger sis was such a douche?

Whenever we talk , I feel my face heat up. My heart beats faster. I find myself growing at all males that pass us by that even look at Lucy. I don't quite yet know why, I mean it's a 1/11 chance that her missing element is 'fire' and it is a 1/500 that she would choose me. Though, I know I do love her.... not like the others like her for her power that can trump the whole army, not for her high ranking and beauty. I love her for herself. She's like thes sister i never had..... what? You expected me to love her romantically? No..... maybe....i just don't know.........

She has shown no interest in any males, probably because most are smaller than her, and stupid. I'm one of the few that have a chance. Females prefer larger males.  And I was lying about the 1/500 it's more like a 1/1 if she is missing fire, I'm the biggest 'hot head' around. Females get it easy. There are always 20 males to 10 females born but asbout 5 die before maturity due to fights with each other so that leaves 15, leaving the girls to get their pick of the litter, and if they are un satisfied like lissana then they can get with a spare if they want. The girls also tend to prefer males that are larger than them, even though the female tends to be dominant. I guess it's a protective feeling....... I DONT KNOW ASK LEVY. 

I sigh as I watch the colour changing scaled goddess walk by, despite her large size, she walked down the long halls of the academy gracefully. Other males doing the same. 'Pervs' I thought.

'Lucy Pov'

As I skip through the halls, keeping my scales blue, purple and pink, I discreetly eye out the one hot head who makes my scales change from blue to red in seconds. The one I truly loved. But it is tradition for the female to confess first. And my mind is still telling me to wait, even though he could be taken away from me at any point in time.  I sigh as I sit with my gal pals and chat with my bestie levy, who is half my size, she's small, even for an archive. 

" So Lu," starts Levy " Any hot males about?" The little dragon gives me a dirty smile...... bookworm imagination no doubt.....

"WHAT NO" I respond, flustered.

"Oh really," says levy wiggling her scaled eyebrows.

"Ok fine, you caught me.... I do like someone...."

"Who!!" The girls all collectively yell. Everyone in the dining hall ways listening in on us.

"LIKE I WOULD TELL YOU I'm not supposed to for another two years" the whole hall collectively sighed.

"Damn it, we were so close...." pouts Mira

"Aye," responds Levy

"Damn it." Natsu frustratedly sighs.

"What was that Natsu?" I question, pretending not to have heard.

"Nothing Luce, nothing......" He responds downheartedly.

"Ohh, Ok!" I reply with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip to after school~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the huge goodbye from the Younger Dragons, me and the gang took off into the sky, our huge beating wings flapping effortlessly, as we soared througfht the clouds.