Chapter 4

'Lucy POV'

It has been a week, and with the constant gifts of the suitors, her hoard now had another 100 pounds on it.

Lucy would be pestered by most, romanced by a few, and treated like a living dragon being by Natsu, though he still was using slight hints that he loved her but they were very confusing for Lucy. 

'Natsu pov' 

I sigh as I stare of into the sunset, her body camouflaged her perfectly in the sun, yet you could see her silhouette that turned the image into a masterpiece. For once, it was just the two of them.

I sigh "Hey Luce, you found anyone interesting yet?"

She sighs in response.

"Luce?"

"No, and even if i did, i couldn't tell you,"

"Ohh, right." I answer like a moron.

We just sat there, for hours on ed watching the sunset.

The next morning at around 8:45 am, i was looking for Luce, when i found her with him.....

Dan.

(Dan Straight, the knight guy? Remember him?   I had to look up his name online lol)

That perv. Quite obvious that Lucy was uncomfortable. Pissed, for some reason I stalked up to the male, I was taller than him by 5 feet. That ladies man would start dating the prettiest girl, but then dump her when the next beauty queen came along, and thee now present 'babe' as he would call her, was now Luce.

"You. Me. Now shorty." I snarled. It wasn't uncommon for males to fight to the death when the female they were both interested in was right there, and the other male was eyeing her out. Wait. Did I just say I was interested in Lucy? Mmmmmmmm maybe, I mean, that's why I'm here in the first place right? I don't know........

The Crimson scales on my opponent glistened in the sunlight.

"You're on salamander " he responds with heavy venom in his voice. "If I win, you drop out, and if you win, viceversa, got it?"

"Yeah yeah shorty, let's dance!" I growl as a crowd gathers to watch the glorious battle, and while Lucy watches near by to make sure we don't kill each other on her behalf, that was her job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5 minutes later cuz dan is a wimp~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I'm also not bothered to write the fight sene so just imagine a red and pink dragon kicking a dark red dragon's butt)

He lay there, helpless, he was missing 2 claws, and the tip of his right horn, his wings were slightly torn and he was covered in gashes. I never told you why most of us don't live that long, is because our lives are sort of like the wild hyenas in the savannahs were I usually chill, unless in my volcano crater.  The girls are always the boss. They also don't like wimpy males, they don't like being dominated, but they don't want wimps. Males have it rough, but not like those little dudes in the savannahs, poor guys live half as long as the girls. Any way, I know Lucy won't let us kill each other, and because she actually WANTS a choice in the end, she will not let any of us fight anymore. 6 now, including Dan, have either wimped out or were beaten into it.

 It wasn't as common, but it females fought too. And hard. To the death. Every time, no questions asked. Never over a male though, or simple hoard jewels, those were normal fights, no....... that was when the other dissed their honour. It was the first time I saw it. The first time I saw that 'love' dragon 'Lissana' and the last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lucy POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There I saw her, Lissana, quite large by love dragon standards, but a mere 89 feet tall. And she was openly challenging me. For my own suitor. 

When love dragons 'ship' someone with someone else, they ship them with that specific dragon until the two are with different partners , is together as a whole(they still ship them though) or one or both are dead. But when a love dragon ships themselves with another dragon, then they start to get serious. Shipping your friends is for fun, but shipping yourself is serious. They will fight to the death if needed.

Then there is insulting a dragoness'es honor, sure, we brawl like the everyday male, we fight over disputes and that, but a dragonesses honor, and pride is prized, if a male were to do damage a females,honor, unless she was committing a crime, they would be prohibited from being within a 50 foot radius of that female for eternity. But for a female to insult another's honor, then its to the death. Especially the future queen. If you attempt to steal one of her suitors, then it is the greatest mistake they will ever make.