Chapter 6

Lucy POV

Today's the day. My choice, the Drake who will be mine, my king. i have known who it would be from the start. Females generally prefer larger males, and because i am the largest a dragon could possibly get that really slims the breeding pool down. Not many reach the max height. Heck, I'm bigger than my own father.

This decision would effect not only my future but the future of many. All 16 of the remaining males lined up before me: Ignite, Inferno, Char, Valcus, Flame, Smoke, Burn, Blister, Blaze, Magnus, Cinis, Ash, Haze, Fumus and of coarse Natsu.

"My choice is-" I was cut off but a large bang, There in place of where a chunk of wall of the ceremony room was missing, in its place was the demon king, Zeref.

"Hello my gorgeous bride, quite lovely to see you today, might i ask, what is this little 'ceremony' that you are holding?" He questions with a perverted smile on his face as his eyes raked down my body.

*Demons have similarities to dragons in shape, but they don't each posses different elements, and are much smaller, there are 10 demons to 3 dragons in ratio, and most demons are 1/5 the. Size of a dragon, but Zeref is half the size of Lucy, which is pathetic in dragon terms and impressive to demons. All demons are a maroon/ brown colour that blends into their dark habitat on the edge of the dragon lands, Zeref however is pitch black.*

"I AM NOT YOURS ZEREF, LEAVE NOW." I roar at him so loud that it makes him and all dragons in a 50 mile radius cover their ears in pain.

"Now why would i do that? I have come to offer a peace treaty so that no demons or dragons are killed." He smirks, his devilish horns, seemingly moving by themselves, pointed skywards, and then forward towards Lucy. "I only have one condition, and that is for you to be MY bride and be the mother of MY offspring, how does that sound?"

"No," I hear Natsu murmur, "You cannot take her" he growls ominously, head bowed and darkness in his aura.

"Natsu, I will handle this." I hiss at him.

"Oh come on, babe, i know you want me." He said creepyly.

"No Zeref, leave now before I summon my army." 

"Heh, yeah right, and let my  BROTHER HAVE YOU?!" He screamed.

"Wait, Natsu, your his brother? Our worst enemy?" I asked Natsu.

"Unfortunately it is true, he is my brother, my father Igneel, who is now dead, was half demon, and as you all know, hybrids do not exist, so there was a 75% chance to be born a dragon because of my mother and my father's mother, but 25% chance to be born demon because of my father's father, Mark Geer." I heard the other dragons shiver in discomfort of the demon, the size of a regular adult dragon. Though we did not know a dragoness fell for him.

"I was raised by my grandpa, to be king of the demons. I was left by my parents once they found out that my egg was a demon's egg, they left me in the middle of demon territory, left me to die, but i was saved. You would be surprised how many dragons have affairs with demons and when a female layes a demons egg, she abandons it in the farest outreaches of our kingdoms barren wastelands, while the females of our king simply had the eggs over to you when it is a dragon, YOUR KIND IS HEARTLESS!" He began to tear up. I had no idea that Dragons did that to demon offspring, probably why all those demon females were so depressed all the time, because usually most babies die before adulthood and without a mother, the eggs would perish. 

"Zeref, I challenge you to a duel, if I win, our kingdoms become completely out of touch, no wars, nothing, and you are to NEVER TO BOTHER ME AGAIN, or if you win, i will stay at your palace for 1 year, and see if you are worthy of being mine. If so, then you will become the ruler of both lands." I heard gasps from all the dragons in the room, the 16 males all outraged, especially Natsu.

"Agreed, meet you at sun high in Magnolia Coliseum." I simply nodded, we headed our separate ways to prep, I don't know what Zeref would be doing, but i would be getting my private Blacksmith gajeel to make me new and better Star Chain Armour, worn by only the comanders, generals, good fighters and rulers. Star Chain is a near see through substance that is light, flexible and the only way to see it is by the slight golden tint and glitter like specks, hence the name Star Chain.

It was 6 hours till the fight, so I slept to prepare.