Ch.12

Didn't I tell I was going to update XD

Well here you go.

Enjoy.

>:] 

BTW - The guy up there is Anthony ;)

........

Tristan's POV 

"You don't understand... " my father whispered as if pained. "Yes I do and we just need to do the right thing. Jerry it's not even your fault, I am the cause of this problem. Tristan won't hate you, it'll be me" she gasped, she seemed to be out of breath. Why would I ever hate any of my parents?

I am nosy as hell. I have to admit what I have to admit, truthfully sometimes it isn't a bad thing but right now my nosiness is what's helping me. I was crouched down behind the door near my parents bedroom, today was their last day before leaving off for who knows where and for how long as they were packing. Originally, I just came to ask them for some allowance but they seemed to be deep in conversation.

Arguing is something that happens every now and then but the thing is that my parents rarely argued , well at least not in front of me.

"Maya, stop shifting all the responsibilities on you" he placed a hand on my mothers shoulder giving it a light squeeze. My mom let out a miserable sigh that let the silent linger, both with unbelievably disturbed expressions on their faces.

"Let's drop it for now" my father smiled but you could tell how plastic the smile was because it didn't hold the shine that it usually did. "No! We can't, we gotta talk about this sooner or later  and that is right now. God, we have to tell him today before we leave Jerry" her eyes held panic in them. What the hell is going on? What was so bad that they had to hide it from me?

My own friggin' parents?

"W-we can't"  he frowned chewing on his bottom lip. "Stop Jerry, the guilt is eating me up... I know it's for his own good but we have to get through this so we can actually act like real parents" she urged and gave him a pleading look. My father was always weak to that look no matter what my mother would ask.

If she wanted a car, she pleaded and received. Wanted money? Pleaded and received. Wish it were like that with me, I would already have my car by now. There was no answer from my father as silence fell over them for the second time, I'm getting anxious.

I know it was stupid of me but the curiosity was just hurting me now. I jumped out from my hiding place and stood out the door as my mother gasped slowly when she saw me. She quickly rewrote her face from being shocked and turned it into a barbie smile instead. "Hiya baby" she cooed but glanced at my father from the corner of her eye, he was doing the same thing except fidgeting... a lot.

"What were you just talking about? What are you hiding from me?" I was blunt but I needed answers and plus what was the point if the curiosity was already at it's height.  "How we have your birthday surprise all ready" she giggled but you could tell that it was a lie, it was clear in her brown eyes as they clouded in a faint way. They were just like mines. 

"Oh" I sounded up beat and yes, it was pretty much fake but unlike my parents I was a great actor. "Is it a car?" I wiggled my eyebrows and my father chuckled the worry gone from his face. "Maybe" my mom giggled then she moved her foot slightly and pushed a light looking, small rectangular blue box under the bed. I acted like I didn't catch it and laughed along with her, I made sure to make a mental note to check it out later, maybe snoop around some.

I really wanted to know.

Was it really that horrific that they even lied to my face?

.........