Mercy is overrated.

The drive to the hospital was silent and Mal couldn't decide if she wanted this woman to speak or not. She was trying not to think would happen when they got to that god forsaken building so instead Mal thought of the strange night she'd had with this version of Maleficent.

They'd gone to the woman house, her chatting about different random things during the ride there. Mal had stayed silent knowing she wasn't meant to speak unless it was to answer a question and had been quick to get out the car when asked. The house was big and less run down than the one on the Isle but the purple haired girl still felt her frame freeze as the door was closed behind her. She was trapped in the house again, locked away with the woman she feared the most. Even if she was from another world she was still her mother and the Mistress of Evil.

It was strange then that she had been offered a drink and food which she had devoured quickly when it was brought to her. Maleficent had looked worried at that but had otherwise stayed quite, eating her own food slowly. It was going well before Mal had tried to stand and ended up tripping on her twisted ankle crashing to the floor. Her plate hit the ground with her, smashing and splintering off into different places of the kitchen floor.

"Mal!" Maleficent had moved forwards, a hand outstretched and Mal instinctively brought her hands to cover her face, curling up to hide from the onslaught of lashes that were sure to rain down on her.

But it didn't come and so with confusion and fear written on her face the girl looked out from under her arms. Maleficent was watching the girl, horror in her eyes and her mouth slightly agape.

And that had been it. The woman had walked off with her phone in hand and had come back a few moment later telling Mal it was time to go to sleep. She had walked Mal to a bed room... with a real bed in it! Mal had never been so comfortable as she lay down on it and the woman left but she couldn't sleep. This was too good to be true. She had dropped a plate after all. She should have had a beating at the very least but she'd had nothing at all.

It was still with the strange sense of fear and dread that she had sat next to her in the car as she had uttered that dreadful word, hospital. She hated the hospital on the Isle... everyone did but her more so. She had been trapped there for a while, tied to a bed whilst the doctors performed experiments on her, cutting into her and injecting things that she didn't know the name of. Her mother had sold her to them in exchange for where-abouts of certain ingredients and information. Maleficent had smiled as she had let them drag Mal away.

"We're here." Malificent said and Mal got out quickly.

She saw others and immediately changed her stance. She stood taller, wiping the fear from her face and a look of power came in their place. Her eyes simmered with mischief and she smirked at Carlos as she saw him get out of the next car.

He immediately did the same, a more carefree walk taking hold and a playful glint in his eyes. He shook Mals hand as they reached each other and fell into step behind her. The pair of them followed Cruella and Malificent into the hospital both of the children missing the confused look on both women's faces.

"Regina!" Cruella called out to the woman who was sat in the waiting room with Evie by her side.

Mals first thought was Evies glamour had come off as well as some of her makeup. Knowing only her mother could have done it Mal hoped the woman had been more lenient than Grimhilde, Evies true mother had been known to be.

Evie stood as soon as she saw the pair, moving to go stand by them as the group leant on the wall. She made sure to sway her hips more, putting on the air of grace but also being just provocative enough to turn heads. She smirked at the pair nodding at them before sitting next to Carlos who was leaning on the wall near the door.