Plans

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Regina's fingers drummed across the counter of Golds shop waiting. She was not a patient woman, not when it came to this and she was not in the mood for the mans games.

"He said he'll do it." She snapped her head up to Jason who was walking out the back room, no Good to be seen.

"Just like that?" The man smirked.

"For a fee of course but yes. He wishes to gain some magical artifacts from the world but has no problems with letting us join him for the ride." She smirked and nodded.

They left the shop quickly after that, not wanting to be kept in the dingy room any longer. There was always something off about Golds shop. Something in the air that made it uncomfortable to stay for long periods of time.

"What are the artifacts?"

"Mallorys staff and your mirror I believe." Regina almost faltered in her step.

Almost. But then again she hadnt been a Queen once upon a time to allow words to knock her down no matter how jarring said words were.

"I see."

They didnt speak again until they arrived at Cynthia's, the children playing in the garden out the back. The other two parents watched them with small smiles but when they entered their faces became much more stoic.

"Well?" Mallory was always so impatient.

"Gold will take us." The statement hung in the air for a moment before the other two nodded.

What could they say?? They were happy of course they were but also they were wary. Not only because Gold was a trickster in his own rights but also because now they had their wish they didnt know what they would do.

It was time to show exactly what made them the villains of old.

They had learnt snippets from the children of their home before Storybrooke. Enough to know the Isle of the Lost was a horrific place no child should grow up in but also that their biological parents were trapped there. At first they thought the wish to go and get revenge on these people they had never met was due to being so new to parenthood, and to such broken children, but the feelings didnt lessen and as new horrors began to emerge they know they would never go away.

The four parents deserved to be punished. Wherever they were being kept was not working and they each had stated they wanted to teach themselves some manners. Mallory couldn't wait to get her claws in this fame dragon. One that couldn't even care for it's own whelp properly or make a nest in which said whelp wasnt starving. True dragons didnt hurt their babies, it wasnt in their nature.

"Travelling into another realm will take time and a lot of magic. Getting back will be even harder." Jason said his dark eyes seeking them all out as he spoke. "We could be stuck there for some time before the next portal can be opened."

"What about the kids?" Cynthia said softly. "Do we tell them?"

"They'll only find out on their own." The ex Queen said running a hand across her face. "They're too smart for their own good."

"Call them it's best they learn about it all together."

When the four children were sat on the couches, the parents stood before them you could feel how nervous they were. Mal was bristling with the amount of tension that flooded through the room. Old instincts to run were burning through her veins but she held herself still, hand laced with Evies and the mantra that these people hadn't hurt them...yet.

"We have something we need to tell you. It involves the Isle" Jason said his voice calm.

The children immediately stiffened, though for Mal and Jay it was hardly noticeable. Carlos flinched eyes wide and Evie curled into Mal, paling quickly.

"A-are you sending us back?" Evies voice was quiet, nervous and Regina took a step closer.

"Never." The ex Queen said and she saw how they seemed to untense, how Mals eyes lost that molten look. "But we," she motioned to the parents. "Are going there."

"W-why?" Carlos asked trembling slightly.

"Your blood relatives." Each child winced. "We have things we would like to... say to them. To make sure you never get taken away."

That was one thing that filled them with fear. They didnt think these other adults would be a problem strength wise but they couldnt risk them getting to the children. Couldnt risk them hurting them no matter how far off that seemed.

"B-but they cant g-get here." Carlos said his less frail body still shaking with nerves.

"You did." Jason said calmly. "You all were brought to this world. It is therefore possible even if it is difficult." He looked to Regina who nodded. "A... friend of ours has agreed to help us make it to and back from your world. We will be gone hopefully less than a day but Gold has told us of the... difficulty there will be in getting the return. There is a chance we will be gone slightly longer."

The children were quiet, shifting and looking at each other but not saying anything and then Mal stood up.

"We're coming with you." Regina opened her moth to tell her no but the purplette had already carried on. "You know nothing about the Isle. You know nothing of what our p-parents are capable of. We can get you round the Isle without being spotted. You cant go alone... you'll be dead in minutes."

The way she said the last fact. The way she spoke of death as though it was a guarantee made Malorys heart clench. No child should expect death in the place they called home.

"You might see them." Regina's voice was tight. "Could you handle that? Seeing your parents again?"

She saw the way they stiffened. How Carloss leaned back, body twitching in the hope of escape. How Jay's face went cold, fists clenched and body tense as he waited for the attack. Evie flinched, eyes snapping to the ground and shaky hands twisting slightly in her lap. Mal didn't flinch. But she saw her eyes. The smallest flash of green before unadulterated terror bubbled into those emerald orbs. Pain setting fires inside her irises as she looked to the woman in the eyes. Shed never seen such eyes on a person before.

She never wanted to again.

"We survived them once." Her voice was cold. As it had been when they had put on their act inside the hospital but there was a tremor hidden in her voice. "We can survive them again."

Magic crackled in the air as the two mages watched one another and then Regina smiled. It wasnt her smile she used with Evie. The one that was soft and calm no... no this one spoke of her heritage. Of the Evil Queen who had killed and fought and ripped out the hearts of any who opposed her. It spoke a promise of pain and suffering and Mal answered in kind, shining emerald glinting eerily.

"Then... I believe it's time we all made a house call."

Hellooooooo so as you can guess next chapter we are finally on the Isle!! How exciting!
I hope the get the next one out soon!
Sorry for the delay been having some issues but I do want to get this finished for you all! Thanks for reading!