Lost girl

"Do you ever think about getting out of here?" Mal looked to her left, the raven haired boy looking towards the sea as he spoke.

They were alone, a moment rarely found on the Isle as they met to discuss the variety of problems the gangs could fix. No matter how violent or evil their parents wanted them to be it would do no good to destroy the place they lived on over petty fallouts.

"What?"

"Do you ever think of getting off the Isle? Of going somewhere else." Harry's eyes found hers, grey meeting green as she finally took his gaze from the view in front.

"Theres isnt a way off." Mal knew this. If there was her mother would have found it by now.

Or Carlos would. His contraptions could do anything.

"One day I'm gonna get off here. Sail the seas and get as far from here as I can."

Mal didnt say anything. The pirates were always the dreamers of the Isle, expecting one day they could sail away on their ship and make a new life somewhere. A nice dream but an impossible one.

"I'll come back for you... for a price of course." He was smirking at her again, that stupid, charming smile that made his eyes look that slight hint of crazy.

"I'll hold you to that."

Mal blinked dizzily as she slowly sat up. Yawning as she realised that, not for the first time, her mother had moved her from the floor to the bed in her sleep. Before she had been terrified of her mother touching her in her sleep. A place she couldn't fight back from but now it just made her smile slightly.

Mallory was so different. So kind. That it brought the purplette up short most days. She still expected a loud voice to lead to a slap or a frown to lead to something worse. But this woman would just hold her when she was scared and promise she would never hurt. She could hear her making breakfast downstairs and the purplette smiled slightly as she rubbed her eyes.

Shaking the dream from her head she blearily looked at the date and sighed. Today was her day with the counsellor, Elsa, and she wasnt looking forwards to it.

They had been going to school for almost a two weeks, had been in Storybrooke almost 4 months, and Mal still felt uneasy. Talking to Erza felt wrong... dirty. It wasn't something the white haired lady had done, the woman had never said an unkind word to the girl or her friends but discussing the Isle with others was... off putting.

Maybe it was the look on the woman's face when they said anything. It was only there for a split second but, after spending so long needing to know what others were thinking by simply looking at their faces it simple for her to see it. The woman looked horrified. Haunted. As though she couldn't believe the things she said. She hated that look. She hated it because she didnt understand it.

She knew the Isle was a mess. It was full of murderes, rapists, thieves, rogues but there must have been worst places to live right? They had survived after all and shed met the others there. Looking at Mallory dancing around the kitchen as she made something called "french toast" made Mal think maybe she was slightly wrong in her thought process.

"Hey kid how'd you sleep?" The older woman asked when she noticed the girls entrance.

"Good thank you." Mallory smiled and jumped for joy on the inside.