Can't break me.

Mal was very confused. The hospital here was nothing like the Isle and neither were the people who worked in it. They spoke calmly and softly, though that was never a assurance that someone would be nice, and they always looked as though they were.... sad? That didn't seem like the right emotion but Mal wasn't that good at noticing emotions unless they were anger as that normally meant you needed to run away as fast as possible.

Her mom, or the woman who looked like her, was stood in the corner of the room. Mal couldn't see her face that well but something about her stance had the girl on edge. She practically screamed dangerous and Mal's entire body was screaming at her to run.

"Can you take off your clothes dear?"

Mals breathing stopped. She turned her head to look at the doctor who had asked her to. She could feel her blood freeze in fear at the simple question. She didn't want to undress. Didn't want her bare skin exposed. She was always told to do as she was told... but that rule applied to her mother and her mother closest companions not anyone else.

"No." She practically growled it and she saw her mother turn to look at her as the doctor stepped back in shock.

"We need to examine you dear and we cant do that through all this leather." the woman said sweetly and Mal felt sick to her stomach.

A scream echoed through the corridor and as the doctors, nurses and her mother jumped at the sound Mal saw her chance. She leapt off the bed and dashed to the door smashing through just as the others did the same. Jay punched a running doctor in the face as he tried to grab Evie. Mal grabbed the girls hand and dragged her forwards towards the exit whilst Carlos knocked over a table, trying desperately to buy them time.

"Left!" Jay called out as they smashed through a door, Mal released Evies hand as they sped towards the main entry way.

"Evie!"

"Jay!"

"Carlos!"

"Mal!"

Their parents were running after them and Mal had never been more thankful that they were all incredibly good at running. She flipped over a table, ignoring the pain in her leg as they burst into the waiting room.

People yelled out as they sprinted for the glass doors. Two guards tried to block their path but they didn't expect the children were used to fighting and still keeping up momentum. Jay leapt on the guard nearest him, his metal pipe thrown to Mal in mid air as she jumped up, caught it, and then whacked the other guard in the face knocking him out. Carlos and Evie pushed the doors open as the other two rushed out and then they were in the car park and away.

It was a busy town but that just made everything easier. They split up, Mal and Carlos going up a ladder and running across the rooftops. Jay and Evie stayed low and shot off down alleyways with ease. To others the pairing may have seemed strange as both Mal and Jay were the best rooftop runners but it held protection. Both groups had a fighter and they had always chosen these groups. They were comfortable fighting alongside one another and had developed a rhythm when running so that they would know where to go.

Though split up they knew they would all meet at the tallest building they could find on the roof and so they were not worried about losing the others. Mal dived onto a lower roof, rolling so as to move her weight more evenly. Sirens sounded in the distance and Mal jumped at the noise watching Carlose flip and land next to her.

"No ones behind." He said as they kept running.

Mal could see the blue flashing lights and felt that if they found them they would be caught.

"Get away from the lights and the noise." she said and Carlos nodded, never doubting Mal was trying to keep him safe like she always did.

They clambered up another drain and up onto a row of housing. However the slippery roof suddenly showed itself to be a problem. Normally Mal was an expert on roofs, even if they had been rained on the previous day or were covered in snow... however her ankle got the best of her and she felt a spike like pain in it as it gave way. She fell rolling down the slanted roof as Carlos yelled her name. She felt her feet leave the edge and rolled to grip the edge just as her friend grabbed her hand and the flashing lights appeared around the corner.

"Mal!" Mals blood ran cold as she heard her mothers voice and Carlos paled, instinctively pulling with all his might on Mals arm to try and drag her from the danger that was her mother.

"Carlos go." The boy looked at her like she was nuts. The four of them were never ones to leave another behind, especially to the fate of their parents. "I cant run on this foot... I'll slow you down and I cant.. I cant let Cruella hurt you again."

"Mal-" Carlos began but Mal shook her head gripping on to the roof more tightly with her other hand.

"I will slow you down. Please," Mal wasn't normally one to beg to her friends but she needed Carlos to get away so he could be safe. "Go and find Jay and Evie and keep them safe. You can find them somewhere safe to stay. Please Carlos."

Carlos stared at her for what seemed like forever before shaking his head.

"She'll kill you." He muttered, shifting to get a better grip of the purple haired girl.

"I-I'll be okay."

"Bullshit." he spat out but Mal could hear the moving ladders behind her.

"Carlos we are running out of time. Go!" The boy looked around wildly.

"No... no If we get caught we get caught together. But we aren't caught yet." and with that he shot up and heaved with all his strength. Mal crawled onto the roof with his help but she couldn't stand with her ankle. She didn't want to look at it.

"Mal get on my back." now it was her turn to look at him like he was crazy. "We dont have time for that look come on. Just lean on me if you can walk."

He grabbed her arm and helped her stand, she heard her mother and Cruella call to them but she didnt want to look or listen to the threats she was surely getting.

They began to step across the roof but they were slower. Much slower than before and Mal knew this was pointless.

"Carlose leave me and go."

"No Mal."

"For God's sake this isn't a debate!" she dropped to the ground and he let go staring at her with hard eyes. "Go and get out of here. Find the others. I can survive this. Go that's an order!"

The black and white haired boy stared at her for three seconds before sighing and nodding. He couldn't disobey an order and Mal knew it. She didn't want to use this weakness against him but if it saved his life she could live with herself.

"Live." he said simply and then he turned on his heel and sprinted off flipping onto the lower roof and disappearing behind the chimneys.

Mal smiled softly to herself as she watched him run. He had listened. He would be safe, he would keep Jay and Evie safe too. They would all be okay. The only thing that remained for her to do was to get off this roof somehow and be captured by her mother. The thought made her shiver but as she felt hands grip under her arms and help her up she closed her eyes.

Whatever happened she could live through. She would have to... because she needed to be here for her friends.. her family really.

Her mother may try to but she would never break her. She was a child of the Isle, born into a prison with murder and violence at it's very core. She was Mal, daughter of Malificent and she would never break.