Do As I Say

By the late 1980's, early 1990's the Laventille area of La Trinity had become even more of a problem. Those "barrel" children of the 60's and 70's had grown up.

Some migrated to the beloved first world countries as the cycle continued. And some became" community leaders" carrying on the work of their predecessors. Being more ruthless than those before.

La Trinity saw another scourge taking prime place in their society.  The drugs and turf needed to be protected. Coming along with the drugs came its protection, the gun.

In 1990, a militant religious  organization who was being oppressed by the wicked rulers decided to take up arms against the government in a coup d etel.  This was curtailed by the armed forces in six days after an amnesty was agreed up on.

This event opened the eyes of  the elite who started arming their middle men to protect their turf. From the competition.

Unlike the insurrectionist who acquired the arms and ammunition from an unknown source. The elite got theirs from  the same place they got their product, South America.

They came in by the caches and were distributed to all the "community leaders" who in turn distributed it to their foot soldiers to protect their area or turf.

Apart from protecting their turf the untrained holders of these weapons of mass destruction, began to use these guns to commit various crimes ranging from murders to robberies.

Naturally serious crimes, started to increase. Drug related murders became the order of the day. As the murder rate climbed to over one hundred every year since then.

Lavantille moved from a battle ground to what is known now as a war zone.

Unable to cope with the influx of gun violence the already corrupt and financially strapped Police Service was at wits end in dealing with this growing problem.

Those foot soldiers who was brave enough to defy their leader, dealt with immediately.  The punishment meted out to them was death to them and their loved ones.

Punishment was swift as an example to others not to cross the line. Or same will apply.