Chapter 2

I still had 2 hours left to lay in my bed. After accident, my father presented me with his GREAT idea to get me a bodyguard. We still don't know why the android attacked me, so he suggested to get me somebody for protection until we know for sure who is behind this. Right now I have to get ready.

   We are going to choose my special protection robot/android. Yeah... A ROBOT. I don't know if I can trust them now. I feel little anxious about what happened.
I get of my bed to get to the large bathroom. My father told me to stay in his place for a while, because he fears for my safety. I look in a large mirror, wincing at my horrible reflection. I haven't been sleeping well and it starts to show on my face. I have dark circles under my blue eyes and my dark brown hair are messy and tangled by spending all day in my bed. I take a cold shower to wake myself up. Today I have to put some make up to hide my tiredness. Because of my social status, I have to look presentable at all times, while going anywhere out in public. I put some foundation and little bit of mascara, brush my dark curly hair and leave them like that. I am not in a mood to 'doll up' today. We are just going to the 'CyRo technologies' warehouse to see if we can get my bodyguard. I mean we should, CyRo company is the most trustworthy and their products have the best quality in the country. NOW I wouldn't want to get some crappy malfunctioning machine. I finish my look and get some comfy clothes and I am ready to go.
My father is already downstairs reading news. He looks ready to go. Unlike me, he has his suit on. Probably to leave impression on 'CyRo' company.

"Hey, Dad!" I smile at him.

"Good morning, honey! Are you ready to get your new bodyguard?"

"What? I thought we are just going to check thing out. Is it gonna be ready for me there? I heard that you can customize it with requirements that's needed. If that's what they provide I want to select the traits myself."

"Well, yeah, that's what it say's in a brochure. We will see how it is when we get there. If you won't like what they offer, than we can find a different company who provides protection services."

"OK, lets go then. I don't want to spend all day there. Actually I would prefer a simple machine, but I think that wouldn't do a good job of protecting me. Sigh. Dad, why do I have to get one. I don't want. I have been OK without any robotic help all my life. I don't trust machines to take care of people, to take care of me...."

"Kyra, don't worry, I will make sure we get the best one out there for you."

We got outside of our house. This morning was chilly. Our driver Mike was already waiting for us beside a car.

"Good morning, Mike!" I waved at him.

"Good morning, my Lady!" he replied with a small smile.

My dad's phone was starting to ring. Definitely some business again. I was looking out the window of the car, while Mike was taking us to our destination. After some time my dad stopped talking!

„Hey, Honey! There are some news about the android who attacked you. It was detective Carlos who called. They haven't found who is behind the attack yet. But they found something in androids body. They say it didn't have system malfunctioning, but they found some type of virus, which have damaged a main chip of that robot. Though it looked undamaged, when they run some tests on it, it seemed to not respond to certain commands given. Like it had a mind of it's own. Like it had a choice to make decisions on its own. I don't know what this is about. I have never heard of this kind of stuff happen before. Anyway, just don't tell this information anybody yet. We don't know if it's true. Carlos told me that some robot companies are aware of this virus. We definitely have to make sure androids in this company are safe."