Chapter 43

Just one day have passed since Bryce was gone. My dad came not long ago after rescuing team left my apartment. They insisted for me to go with them and see a doctor, but I did not follow them. There was no physical harm done. I just needed my dad for emotional comfort, as I felt completely devastated by Bryce's attack.

     Right now we were sitting in police main office. They said, it has something to do with my android, but I had no clue, what that could be. I still felt emotionally unstable, especially when someone mentioned him. Maybe they want us to report his attack on me?

    In the small office room came in a policeman in civil clothing, the same age as my father, with a Micro-H-tab in his hands.

"Hello, Mr Elkwood, Ms. Thank you for responding to our request and coming here so soon. I will show you one picture and you tell me if you know him. OK?"

     Me and my father nodded simultaneously. Detective gave us his tablet, there was a picture, a picture with Bryce in front of camera. I looked up at the man in front of me, totally puzzled.

"So, do you recognize this face?"

"Yeah... It is Bryce. My ..... android." I said unsure. Did Bryce do something else? In the picture his face shows the same sort of emotions as night before.

"Android? Are you sure about that? He does not seem to be like one to me."

"Detective, what is a problem? Tell us, why are we here?" said my father.

"Your android," detective waved the tablet at me "killed one of CyRo employees last night. And now he is gone, who knows were. He is loose, that maniac robot is walking free on the Amber streets. You understand, that people are in danger."

"Do you blame his actions on us detective? We sent him to CyRo, because he attacked her, it is their responsibility to take care of him after that. It is not our fault, that this company have so low security system as they cannot clearly contain infected robot. Why do they have this rescuing team in a first place, if they can't deal with these kind of situations?"

"Mr, calm down. I am not blaming you. We just need to find him and for that we need your help. I want to show a video of his crime.  ----- All CyRo staff have cameras, while they do their work with infected robots. I want you to watch this till the very end."

      Video started with this guy talking about something, probably documenting the process. I saw Bryce and my heart twisted in pain of seeing him. He was almost naked. I saw some glances given by him towards the staff member, while he walked around him. I recognized that look on my android's face. He was observing him carefully. For someone else, it looks like normal unharmful glances, but I knew better. This guy was in trouble, I knew it. Especially after that night, I doubt Bryce could calm down so easily.

      He stood behind my robot and took some tools out of his box. He pressed the button on Bryce's upper back and two panels opened, revealing his inner parts. But I did not expect the sight I saw in video and I think that guy did not too. The metallic parts were intertwined with blood vessels and some muscle tissue around his inner mechanics. The sight was just unbelievable. There was real human blood in him and real muscles. How is that possible?

"Oh my goodness. What is that?" my dad was in total shock as I was.

"Please continue watching!"

     Bryce immediately stood up and spun around, grabbing this guys neck, his face full of rage and anger. I could not believe this is Bryce I new. It can't be. It is not him. There is no way.
In seconds guy was dead on the floor, his camera facing the ceiling. Detective turned up the volume.

I saw Bryce come up to the camera and say in dark, menacing tone: "I am coming for you, Kyra!"

    I felt a shiver of fear wash over myself. My whole body trembled and few tears escaped in process. He escaped. He is out there, somewhere. And he said, he is coming to get me.

"Ms! Ms! Calm down. We will try to catch him, before he gets to you. Don't worry." detective turned his attention to my dad. "We will provide you with somebody, who keeps an eye on you. Before I let you leave. Is there any place he could turn to, except you both?"

"No, I don't think so. Well actually, we don't know. At least we don't know any ourselves."

"Ok. Thanks for your time. We will call you, if we need more information. Let her calm down."

"Alright. Bye!"

    We exited detective's office. There were few corridors we went through. Some people were coming my way, but I paid no attention to them, as my thoughts were spinning around the video I saw earlier and what I saw in it.

"You! It was you! Your fault! Because of you and your stupid robot, my husband is dead now!" A blond woman in front was yelling at me and crying in the same time. "He killed him! For no reason! You, rich snobby bitch! You think you can get away with anything, because you have money and power? I will show you! I will make your life a living hell! Do you hear me! You will wish you were never born."

"Get her out of here!" said some officer, who was escorting her.

"Honey, don't take her seriously. She is just upset, as we are. Don't worry. Nothing is gonna happen to you. I am going to protect you Kyra. Just stay with me through this and be strong."

My father's words felt so comforting. If I would be alone at this moment, I would have lost my sanity by now.

One thought dwells in my mind.

What the future holds in store for me?