Chapter 13

Actually, I didn't expect him to answer me, considering he haven't voiced anything since his activation. Shiver run down my spine, hearing Bryce's voice for a first time - low, husky and amazingly calm, with no trace of emotion of any kind.

For some reason it swayed me out of my previous annoyance, hearing his unprovocative response. If someone would have continued this kind of conversation with me, it would farther fuel my unwanted negative emotions. I hated to be angry, hated to be in negative state of mind. For few years I have been free of dark and suffocating mindset. Haven't seen my constant nightmares for years, helped me to get free of that world I was living in for many years. Right now I even forgot what I was going to say, looking at his perfectly handsome face, slightly my jaw had dropped of sudden surprise.

"Will you please put this on?" again I handed the dark shirt to him, taking a little glance at his sparkling eyes.

Finally he took it from me and I was about to get his pants from a bathroom counter when I heard his low rumbling voice:

"Will you help me?"

    It sounded like a tease, but looking at his face, I didn't see any emotion indicating his intentions. Well, what am I thinking? He is serious - he is a robot. I didn't answer him, leaving his pants where they were, I took his shirt and helped him to get his arms in it's sleeves - a big baby indeed. I started to button it, having done the lower ones, I tried to reach the top ones - one by one until I reached two last ones on the top. I had to stand on my toes to get them done. My arms barely allowed me to reach his collar, by his tall being, almost leaning on his 'muscular' chest. Bryce lowered his head to stare at me again and blocking the last button with his chin. The intensity of his look made me loose my composure and balance. I steadied myself and nervously tried to reach for the remaining button.

"Can you rise your chin? I can not close it like that."

Done! Now... the pants...

I finished with his pants. It all felt so intimate, making me little embarrassed. I turned around and stepped few feet away from him, to get some space, running my hand through my loose dark locks in attempt to get my nervous mind back in reality. I hope he is not judging me seeing me acting so silly shy around him. No... He is not.... He is a machine... He wouldn't...

"Are you afraid of me?" I heard him say.

I slightly turned around to see if I didn't imagine him saying it.

"I am not going to hurt you." Bryce stated again.

"Wha... No! I am not! What makes you think that?" Is he? Is he really judging me? I thought to myself.

"You look like you do."

I stood there in one spot not knowing what to say back. How can he tell that? So easily noticing my uneasiness around him.

"Wait for me downstairs! You don't have to fallow me around this house, I am completely safe here."

I quickly got out of suddenly suffocating bathroom, closing the door behind me. Leaning against the closed bathroom door, I took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in my throat. This was too much for today. I had to get somewhere away from him. I want to know if my dad has something to do with this! Is this is one of his skill set up or something else I don't know about?

    I went straight to my room, desperate to feel soft sheets of my old bad and to get rid of my anxious thoughts, to be in place I feel safe. I fall right into it as soon as I have reached it, grabbing the puffy pillow for some comfort. I stare out of my window to the ever blue sky witch is shielded by a glassy dome, protecting my family's property from storms and unwanted attention from curious eyes. A single tear slides down my flushed cheek feeling like someone have invaded my     very personal space. He had just 'hit the nail on it's head' by saying those words to me. I have always been good at hiding my true emotions and rarely have someone been able to see trough them. And now he - Bryce, in just so little time we have been in contact, have seen all trough me. It feels so scary, like I have lost my shield of protection against the world and people in it. More tears start to form in my eyes, blurring the view of beautiful sky outside. Why am I so afraid of him, of robots in general. I hate it. I hate this feeling, always being paranoid of such a life's necessity, things we are facing on each step and every corner of this modern world. I want to be normal, not afraid of constant contact with these machines.

"Who the hell are you? Get out of this house, now!" I hear someone shouting downstairs.

    It sounds like Nora. What is happening there? I wipe my teared cheeks while getting off the bed to see what is going on in there. Then I suddenly remember I sent Bryce downstairs to wait for me. Oh god! This is not good!  I quickly run to the stairs that connects the upper floor with the floor where all the ruckus is happening. I see Nora with a large spoon raised in the air towards still standing Bryce. Oh no! I don't want to think what would happen if  she manages to hit him. It is clear to me that he would view it as an attack or a danger to him. I can't allow him to hurt her.

"No! Nora, stop it!" I shout from upstairs right in time, before she have managed to swing at Bryce.

"Don't do it! It's Bryce - my bodyguard!"

    Now I see couple other staff who have come to see the commotion, all ogling the huge guy in our living room. Everybody's eyes land on me while I am still standing on top of the huge stairs. Feeling my legs getting week under the intensity of the scene which could have happened if I haven't been interrupting them at the right moment. I look at Bryce who have already landed his eyes on me looking to my still tear coated cheeks. With difficulty I try to make my way down to explain and introduce everybody in this household with my bodyguard - Bryce.