Chapter 7

Williams Elkwood POV.

(Flashback. Few weeks ago in CyRo technologies warehouse.)

Kyra left us alone with Mr Cahlfer to take a look around the warehouse. I turned to face director beside me changing my happy and relaxed expression. I had serious matters to discuss with him in regards of the virus.

"Mr. Cahlfer, I have one very important question to ask you! You see, the reason I am here is because my daughter got attacked by a robot. And a thing is - he was infected with some kind of virus. At the moment I don't have much information about the virus itself, but I am aware that many in your field of work know what I am talking about. So do you, I assume?"

"Khhm, sorry Mr. Elkwood? What do you imply, do you think it is something to do with me?"

"No. I just want to warn you, if something goes wrong with the android I am purchasing, you will have to pay for consequences, and not in money I am afraid." I warned him.

He immediately became nervous and averted his gaze away from me.

"Mr I... I assure you, everything is safe in this company, there is no way this highly dangerous virus could get in these premises." stuttered director. "I am very aware and clearly understand the situation myself, it would be downfall for my company. We have the highest security for these reasons alone. And I never... never would give away damaged product - especially you Mr Elkwood." he replied me in quiet voice still nervous of hearing my threat.

"Good! Good to hear that. I would have turned to human employed protection services, but when I heard there might be more infected robots out there I decided to turn to you. Human would not stand a chance against a crazed robot if that situation for some unlucky reason would occur again. For Kyra's safety I have to go against her preferences and get some more formidable solutions in this situation." I informed a man in front of me. "I know very little about this situation what's going around. Tell me what do you know - everything!" still standing very intimidating toward Mr Cahlfer, not letting him let his guard down while I am here and while I have to get every information I need.

"Thing is... we know very little about this ourselves. It is a new thing, a new virus, and there is not much information about it. At the moment we have received only two cases of infection, which have been examined. Seems like virus is not dangerous towards a robot or a machine it's infecting, but outcome of it. In danger are people around infected machines. Scientists in my field have discovered that infected machines are getting consciousness and a choice to make decisions against their programmed protocol. And in that matter we don't know what is in their mind. What they are about to do or react in certain situations. Believe me, I want to know everything about this huge problem we are facing myself. It is a big problem for industries like mine. It is a danger to society and our safety. If this gets out of control, we are facing unthinkable consequences."

"AAhhh!'

"What is that?" the sound coming from deep within a warehouse startled me.

"Kyra, Kyra! Were are you? Honey!" I frantically called for my daughter recognizing her sudden scream.

"Kyra? Are you alright? Where are you, honey?"

I quickly left director behind me in a search for my daughter. As I reached the middle section I finally noticed her coming my way with fast steps.

"Kyra, here you are. What happened? Are you ok?" I asked her shayking form.

"Yes, I am OK. I just saw some android faces there. It scared me for a moment. I didn't expect to see them. It was dark. It just spooked me a little bit. Nothing to worry about."

As she blurted out her reasoning, I could tell she didn't say a whole truth. I knew my daughter too well to see trough her attempt not to make me worry about her so much.

"Don't scare me Ms Elkwood... ehmm... Kyra like that. I thought something serious happened to you." with worried expression asked the companies director.

He was already scared for his business and career before he got here where Kyra was, now I could finally see it on his face too.

After Kyra left us, I talked with Mr Cahlfer a little bit more about what would happen to him if anything goes wrong.

Today I am heading to see them again, but not Mr Cahlfer himself, but to do Kyra's bodyguards physical set up - if I could call it like that. It will be so much fun, like the previous two times I was here in her place. That's my stuff, thing I really enjoy of doing.