Chapter 28

Kyra's POV

     We followed the woman deeper in to her lair. The place was dark, the only light source was the tiny neon lights near the ceiling, high up on the crimson red walls. Walls itself were covered with many projector 'bugs', some working, some not. Those who seemed to be technically in good shape, were projecting different kind of pictures and digital paintings. Some of them looked very odd, more abstract. We entered much larger room, the pictures were bigger than those in a hallway. On the far end was a desk with a huge tablet screen. The woman slowly walked to it and sat down. Finally I could see her face more clearly. Her skin tone was lighter than I thought. It was honey brown, her big green eyes were illuminated by the bluish light coming from the tablet. Her hair reached above her shoulders , black, with some tiny braids in some places. Her round face suggested she was still very young, no more than 30 years old. She looked like a desert princes, if she would be better dressed. Her style was very similar to those people we saw around earlier. We all stood in front of the desk, clearly nervous, still the sub drive clearly in our memories. She took a digital pen and then I noticed her right arm. It was made of metal – black, robotic like, but very delicate. Matching her fragile feminine build

„Don't worry, I am not one of them." she said to me.

„Sorry, ...." I was so nervous, I didn't know what to say.

„So, who is gonna be first?"

„We are here for a ..." Sharlene couldn't finish as the woman interrupted her again.

„I know why you all are here. What else three princesses would do in this kind of place?" she lifted her black, thick eyebrow. „Don't be afraid of me. I am not gonna harm you. Not all people here are criminals." her voice was much softer now.

„Would you please tell us, how does it work? How do you see the future?" Sharlene stepped little bit closer to her table.

„I don't see the future, like you expect me to do. I can see only a little part of it, and it is not always what you see."

„We don't understand." quietly said Laura.

The young woman lifted both of her hands in the mid air, gesturing to the dark walls around us.

„I draw it."

Now I realize what all these pictures were, what they meant. All of them were her visions of the future, other people's future. Or maybe her own?

„Are all of these your future visions?" Laura awed in realization and were looking around at many digital paintings.

„I cannot see my own future. All of them are from my clients. ... So, I am gonna ask again. Who wanna go first?"

„Me, me." clearly excited was Laura, as she almost jumped multiple times on the spot and clapped her delicate hands like a child.

„By the way, you can call me Myra." she said and ushered Laura to sit in front of her in antique looking wooden chair.

    I wondered, how she could afford it. She definitely lived in very awful and old place, she didn't look rich and I doubt she gets a decent income just by future telling. The wood was rare and too expensive for most of the people.

Laura quickly took a seat and curiously looked at Myra and her tablet. „What do I do? Do you need my hand or ..."

„Just sit still and be quiet." came the order in her gentle voice.

     Myra closed her eyes and was siting still with her hands slightly on the tablet. Her black digital pen resting between  her artificial fingers of the same color. Looked like she was thinking what to draw. I totally did not expect her to be this calm. I thought she will have some seizure or very visible act of seeing the vision. Well, that is what I expect, when I see a future teller. But she seemed to be different from all the common stereotypical tellers.