Chapter 42

WARNING! This chapter contains attempted rape. If you are too sensitive or too young, don't read that part! There will be another warning in the text, where it starts.

"Does it really matter?" Bryce said and took hold of my waist.

       He pressed me hard against his chest, to the point I could not move. His lips crashed back on to mine. His hold was suffocating, my heart was beating uncontrollably. I could not think properly, as butterfly feeling filled my stomach and chaotic thoughts about his sudden body heat filled my mind. There was a complete chaos inside of me, a turmoil of emotions mushed up together, making me so confused, as I could not make up my mind about my next move. His kiss was still gentle, but the hold on me was so strong, like he did not want to let me go, ever. I needed some air as my lungs and heart was denied of oxygen. Finally, after some struggling, my hands got free and I pushed his face away from mine to ,at least, get some air. His eyes locked with mine, his - full with emotion, mine - the same, but I had no clear understanding of what he really felt.

"B... Bryce! This is not funny! Stop!" I said quietly, still breathing hard.

He did not reply, in turn, he tightened his grib, though, there was not even atomic space left between us.

"Bryce! Let go of me! You are hurting me!" I said in much stronger tone.

He let go of me, but did not back off. His eyes boring into mine, deep into my soul. That feeling seemed to be familiar, but I could not remember, where I have experienced it.

"What is the meaning of this, Bryce? Why are you doing this to me? I did not ask for it, I am not asking that kind of services from you."

"I am doing it, because I want to. I want to be with you. There is something I feel, I don't know what it is or what it means, but.... I feel a desperate need to be close to you, to .... kiss you...." he trailed off.

     His huge palms come back to my face, cupping it gently and looking into me. I close my eyes, as tears start to appear in them, just in time, before he has a chance to see them. Before he lays another kiss on me, I stop him.

"Bryce, this is not right, this cannot happen."

There is a moment of silence. I take a deep breath and feel my lip quiver slightly of the conflicting emotions I am having.

"There are more important things right now. What is wrong with your body temperature? Why is it so high? Is it some side effect of your power shortage? What is it?"

"I don't know. Does it bother you?"

"Yeah, it does. Because I don't know if it's bad or good for you. What if something happens to you because of it. It scares me, Bryce. I don't know, what to do." Few tears finally escape, as I can no longer hold in my emotions. "I will call CyRo! This is too much for me. I want to know answers."

     I leave Bryce standing and walk to my table next to my bed. I pick up my ring, put an connecting earring and I am ready to call. As I have found the contact number that's needed, I feel my wrists grabbed.

"Bryce! What are you doing! Let go!"

"Don't do it or else...."

"I have to! Let go of my hands, now!"

     I feel his grip tighten and I can no longer hold the ring in my fingers. It slips through them and falls on the floor, rolling to the far end of the room. His hold is still strong, almost painful.

"Ahh! It hurts! Bryce! Bryce! It hurts! Let go of me." a whimper leaves my mouth.

He releases my wrists and I immediately turn around to face him. His face, his eyes... There is an angry look painted on his features.