Chapter 20

~*Normal PoV*~

The bell finally rang, signalling that it was the end of your class. You sighed in relief, your tired shoulders finally relaxed but after a second or two, your shoulders tensed. You remembered that you two have plans today. No! Not that kind of plan, cause yeah you're still young. 

"Well shit.." You cussed under your breath and out of nowhere you felt someone place their hand on your right shoulder making you let out a short "Eep!" 

"(L/n)? Are you okay? You seem tense." Goddamn it's him, Kidou, what great timing. You swore to yourself that you wanted to bitch-slap someone during the moment he unexpectedly placed his hand on your shoulder, lucky enough you managed to control yourself and lucky enough it was just Kidou. 

"O-Oh, Kidou-kun. Tense? Pssh nah! I'm actually fine, just slightly stiff 'cause I'm still recovering." You smoothly excused with not much suspicion, it's a good thing the author came up with that. 

"Is that so? Well then, I just approached you to tell you that I already told Haruna that she can go on ahead after practice, that's okay with you, right?" Kidou informed with slight hesitation but he managed to give you a small smile as a sign of his "confidence". 

"Oh of course, that's fine with me. Can't wait to finally see you guys play again! I missed watching and playing with you, I mean, yeah...Shitty bullies." You excitedly stated and you even cussed casually but then, it actually humored the playmaker. 

"Yeah, I missed playing with you too, don't worry...This time," To your surprise---to everyone's surprise (LOL don't forget that some of your classmates are still there, hun), he gently took hold of your hand and suddenly kissed the back of it in a romantic way. "This time, I promise, I will protect you from any harm." He seriously declared as he looked at you in the eyes through his goggles. 

"WOOH NICE ONE, KIDOU!" A certain person (*coughs*asshole*coughs*), exclaimed for the whole class to hear and all, including the background characters were surprised by the sudden declaration of the first playmaker. Now that the both of you were snapped out of your romantic scene, both of you looked around and saw that most of your classmates were awed or surprised. Both of you sweatdropped before you glared at the second playmaker, Fudou. 

"You will pay for this." You mouthed at Fudou while you death-glared at the very soul of Fudou, poor Fudou wanted to shrink down right down at the marbled floor. 

After a few minutes, some of your classmates were still looking at you, most were male. Kidou noticed this and decided to be bold again. Out of the blue, he smoothly wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. He eyed most males before declaring, "She's mine." Damn, most of the classmates jaw-dropped especially the teammates of Kidou, specifically; Endou, Kazemaru, Tsunami, Fubuki, Gouenji and Fudou. They were silent and secretly, there was a heated battle for your heart between the . This declaration drove them to their edge, but then Endou and Kazemaru already forfeited in the game and just accepted that they won't be able to have you. Tsunami, Fubuki, Gouenji and Fudou, however, weren't going to give up that easily, but for "peace", they'll be quiet for now. 

Your mind was going crazy and your heart felt it wanted to burst out of your ribs and chest.  You have never thought that Kidou would be that brave to announce such a thing. You also haven't experienced such flattery, it wasn't like those moments when you kept on being complimented by your parents whenever you have done something good nor it's the feeling of being appreciated by other people who accepts your dual-colored eyes. Is this really what you feel when you're in love? Maybe, maybe not, but more likely yes. Gosh, you hope this dies down tomorrow.