Chapter 22

~*Normal PoV*~

The following days came like a breeze and you're officially better now! Although, you have visible scars, especially the long cut on your arm, but you didn't mind because at least you're now fit as a fiddle. It was Saturday, so you decided to visit the old house. Kidou and Haruna were still asleep because they were tired from yesterday's practice, so you left a note on the table just in case they worry. You brought your big bag with you, so you could pack more stuff than intended. You thought of bringing Yuki with you for emergency purposes after all, your cat was quite alert of her own surroundings as you and your parents trained it to do so. You were thankful to have a cat like her.

"Yuki, how are you getting accustomed to the place~? Isn't it nice living there?" You chatted with your cat as you carried her with both of your hands and lifted her to your line of vision. Her shiny ocean blue eyes stared back at you. "You know, Kidou-kun was really acting odd after we walked home together, it was on Tuesday if I'm not mistaken. I wonder what happened...Did I unintentionally do something wrong?" [Take note, I purposely didn't show the after event of the previous chapter, so don't be entirely confused] You pondered as negative questions started sinking in as you continue to walk your way to the old home. Once you've arrived the house, you looked at it with pain-filled and sad eyes...It was your house after all, and to think it was your aunt who killed them. "Such greedy bastards they are, Yuki..." You scoffed as you let the white cat rest on your shoulder as you open the front gate before entering the house. It was quite big for such a small family, especially now that only one will take the place. Now that you think of it, you can file a contract once you've become of legal age, that's how it works as you've recalled. You first entered the home's living room, looking around, it was as it was before you left it... You looked around more, maybe you could bring some of your pictures? No no, where would you place them in Kidou's house? You could just bring back more of your clothes and some memorable stuff from back then.

"You sure that their room was trashed?"

A rough voice echoed from the front door, instincts washed over you and you quickly made sure you hid somewhere along with Yuki...

"Of course I'm sure. I checked this house yesterday...I bet it was that brat who trashed their room. I bet she knows where the money is hidden, in fact, the money might be with her!" There...it was that sickening adult woman's voice, your aunt. Her heels resounded the wooden floor as she went inside as well, uninvited. She looked around the place, a hand placed on her hip as she did so.

"Then? Have you tried contacting her again?" The man's voice was that of boredom. The man looked around, observing the area for their own safety. The man didn't have much trust in his own wife's observation skills because she already failed on finding their 'treasure' and he couldn't possibly trust her on their trespassing safety.

"Ehh...Do I really have to?" The woman lazily questioned her husband as she plopped herself on the living room's couch, crossing her legs as she does so. "That girl keeps hanging up on me and I doubt that she'll even listen to me." The woman reasoned as she heaved a sigh.

"Try calling her again." The man suggested as he had this gut feeling that someone other than them were inside the house.

"Ugh..Fine.." The adult female groaned as she fished out her phone, opening it to look for your contact number. As she did so, her husband inspected the kitchen as there were a lot of closets and some were those that were able to fit a small person...

~Sono kokoro wo---

In an instant your cellphone rang and you shakily yet quickly swiped it off in a pity attempt to quiet yourself down. Your heart almost dropped when you heard a sound you didn't want to hear that would expose your location..