Chapter 27

~*Normal PoV*~

Back to present time...

"To think that I'm still bold enough to go alone after yesterday's events..." You talked to yourself as you fixed your bangs, making sure to hide your (2nd e/c) eye from passing citizens. It was a busy day after all, a weekend. You were willing to make up to Kidou (and Haruna) by buying the groceries and cooking for them too. It was around 12 in the afternoon and you were heading to the supermarket, you thought that there'll be no possibility of you encountering any of your distasteful relatives in that public place...

Or so you thought.

"Hmm, I wonder what should I cook? Something with soup? Noodles? Ahh..." You let out an exasperated sigh as you strolled inside the market with a basket hooked on your arm. You walked around, aimlessly scanning over the aisle of food products mainly on cooking oils and spices. "What would Yuuto like..? Should I call him? No..I should leave it as a surprise." You continued as you puffed your cheek and continued on pondering what to cook for the two.

Meanwhile...

"Okaasan, you said you needed oregano and parsley?" A certain brunette tugged on her mother's sleeve, she only had a blank gaze as she waited for her mother's reply.

"Yes, Axel. Can you get it for me?" Hanabi replied as she made no eye contact to her daughter and continued comparing the two ingredients she held with both of her hands.

The brown haired daughter nodded and began walking away from her mother to go to a different aisle where the other kinds of spices and herbs were aligned. At that moment, when Axel took a turn, it felt like the world stopped for a moment.

She saw you.

She saw that familiar (h/c) hair that covered half your face. She saw the quiet you looking over the bottled herbs in front of you. Memories came rushing towards her like a tidal wave. She remembered her friends and herself getting expelled from Raimon, she also remembered the slap of her mother when she informed them about it. It was disgraceful. It was humiliating. It was your fault, she thought. It was your fault her parents didn't love her much anymore. She was now just a normal child, she wasn't spoiled like she was used to. It pained her to the point she held a grudge and loathed you and now, you were standing in front of her, only a few meters away.

After a few minutes, you felt that someone was staring at you. You turned your head to the left before looking over the right and you saw her. Your first bully from Raimon. At that moment both of you locked gazes. Her piercing blue eyes glared at your (e/c) one.

The situation now was different, you were in a public area and surely she wouldn't do anything rash to you, right?

"You-!"

And she went dashing towards you...

Quickly regaining composure, you ducked your entire body to evade her right hand that was surely about to grab your face. With a fast pace, you stood up straight again, hitting your head to her chin.

"Shit-!" You heard her cry out as she held on to the shelf for support, only to wince as she looked over her right arm to witness that she accidentally cut herself, probably caused by one of the sharp edges of the shelf.

"Look I don't want any trouble-!" Just when you tried to talk with her, a familiar voice popped out.

"Axel?" And your aunt was here. This day couldn't get any better..