Ch. 20 - Work

Author: undefmidi

2017

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

(A/N): 20th Chapter! I am so happy!

This is my first-ever fanfic, I hope you like it!

If you like it, please share it!

Chapter 20 – Work

After all of that, Izuku was given the position of head-cook and also a waiter position. The manager insisted that he would do both, but he didn't know why. She even offered him a raise – even though he didn't even work once.

The chefs that worked there before him complained, but after a taste of Izuku's food, they agreed vehemently. They pondered about how a kid was better than them. One even shed a tear.

His part-time job was going pretty well.

-

At his first day of the job, when he entered the café, he was surprised to see the Manager dragging him to the kitchen.

"Hello, Midoriya." – She quickly greeted him. – "I called a friend of mine here. He is a professional food critic." – She stated, letting go of the boy's hand, as she stood beside a man with average height, ginger hair and young features.

"Hello, sir." - Izuku greeted the man formally, making the critic smile.

"Hello, Midoriya. My name is Kuro Sasune. I am a professional food critic, and I'd like to taste the food that Yuki told me much about." – The critic said, giving a warm smile towards the boy.

"Sure thing!" – Midoriya said happily.

-

They were in the kitchen, and Midoriya prepared the same plate that he made for Yuki and Shiemi. He improved it a little bit.

Sasune held the fork, and swiftly analyzed the consistency and some technical things before eating.

He grabbed a little of Spaghetti and ate it slowly, as he tasted every bit of it. He was dumbfounded.

No mistakes, imperfections or anything like that. Just... perfection.

A tear rolled down from his left eye.

"T-This..." – The critic started, making Izuku anxious. – "Is the most delicious Spaghetti Alla Carbonara that I've ever tasted." – Kuro said honestly.

"W-Wha..." – Izuku had no words to describe what he just heard

Kuro Sasune was a well-known, famous and praised critic. He was Yuki's childhood friend and was born with a sophisticated sense of taste.

He would often visit restaurants and rate it at his website. When something was rated good, it would gain immense popularity, and if the opposite happened, it would lose immense popularity.

He found a KID that made better food than 5-star chefs. He needed to rate this AT LEAST a 5 out of 5.

Midoriya didn't know who he was, for he was not a kid with too much contact with culinary. He wanted – and wants – to be a hero, and so he didn't know too many famous chefs.

-

It was a little bit later, in Izuku's shift.

He started to cook and make drinks for the clients.

When he finished, he quickly and graciously brought the plate with the special-sweet buns that he created. With it came a hand-made cappuccino.

Izuku served the food.