Chapter 5: The Date

🔪Nagisa🎓

"Hey, Nagisa-kun. Would you like to go somewhere after school?" I looked beside me and saw Karma-kun. He's waiting for my answer with an excited grin. I sighed then smiled.

"Fine. Where are we going?"

"Yes!! Um, I already arranged that. Don't worry, just trust me." He said after fist-bumping the air, which made me giggle because of how childish he acted. The bell rang and we both positioned on our seats, exactly right before Koro-sensei came with that large grin on his...round face.

"Alright class, let's start."

And the exhausting day continued on.

🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓

"That's all. Have a nice weekend! Nyurufufufu~" And with that, he left to go to the teacher's lounge. Everyone started packing and prepared to leave. As I grab my bag, Karma-kun sped to me and grinned widely like a dog.

"Haha, look who's excited." I teased and his eyes grew big. And...

"Karma-kun, did you just blush?" I asked, which he quickly avoided.

"Nah, what are you talking about, Nagisa-kun? Anyways, let's get going." He said and started acting like his usual self. Owkaaayy...

"Okay, if you said so." I said and smiled at him, which he also returned. We walked towards the door and talked about random things when a small voice called out.

"Nagisa!" Karma-kun and I turned to look at Kayano. I smiled at her, though noticed that the person beside me did not.

"Where are you guys going?" Kayano curiously asked. I was about to answer when Rio butted in.

"Oohh, a date I presume?" She teased with that smirk of hers. I looked at her with blank face, though Karma-kun chuckled.

"Nakamura-san, is it that obvious?" He said and slumped his arm over my shoulder. I sighed and waved it off.

"Yep. A date. Now come on, Karma-kun. Don't wanna be late, do you?" I blurted then went out the room. I started walking down until I noticed him not following.

'Now what's the deal with him?'

I went back inside and saw him still standing on the same spot. I sighed and tugged on his sleeve, almost making him jump.

"Come on." I said and started dragging him out, after waving goodbye to the mischievously-smirking Rio and slightly-blushing Kayano. Karma-kun and I climbed down the mountain with me still dragging him.

We're about to reach the bottom when I glanced at him. He looked at me though averted his gaze immediately. My face went blank.

"Karma-kun, you're the one who planned this, remember?" He looked at me again. "You're the one to lead me." I grumpily said and he smiled.

"Of course, my Nagi. Follow me~" And he started dragging me down.

After a few minutes, we stopped infront a restaurant. A...restaurant. I stared at it for a while, thinking if this is a joke or something but nope. It's a restaurant.

"Karma-kun, why are we here?" I asked him which he only answered with a smugly grin.

"...You're not saying we're going in there, right?" Hoping is the only thing I can do right now, and unfortunately, it didn't bring any change.

"We are." He grinned then grabbed my hand to go inside.

Oh god.

"K-Karma-kun! This is a restaurant. What are we doing here?!" I exclaimed, quieter as possible to avoid attention. It's not like I hate it or that i haven't gone in one. It's just that for only the two of us, being inside a restaurant is different. He just sighed and raised an eyebrow on me.

"What do you think? Of course, eat." He said in a-matter-of-fact tone. I rolled my eyes and grunted as we entered the glass doors of this big restaurant.

"Uh, yes. I know." I glared. He smiled at me and patted my head approvingly.

"Good child. You'll recieve a reward later." And then he proceeded to walk towards the counter section. I hastily followed behind and tugged his sleeves, giving a look of uncertainity once he looked down at me.

Again with heights.

"But...this is too much." I said. "We should've gone to a cafe or something."

"Nagisa-kun, don't worry about it." He tried to reassure me. I was about to talk again when a man in suit, probably their uniform, came up and talked to him.

"Sir Akabane. A reservation, I presume?" The man bowed politely and I just decided to be silent, not wanting to be rude or anything.

"Yes. For two." Karma-kun answered while I only hid behind his back. I'm not that good with strangers, especially with big bodies.

"I see. I'll go and check on it. And..." The man moved his head to look at me, making me clutch at Karma-kun's brown blazer tighter and push my face on his back deeper. "You've got a very shy friend over there." He said and smiled at me. My cheeks went red in embarassment.

Karma-kun chuckled amusingly and I pinched his back, which he yelped to.

"Ouch ouch, Nagisa-kun! That hurts!" He tried to pry me off his back, failing though, thanks to me being stubborn. I huffed and stopped pinching him. He sighed and ruffled my hair, turning then to the man and apologized.

"Sorry for that. He's shy about strangers, as you can see." He shrugged. The man nodded understandingly and turned to smile at me again.

"Well, hello lil' fella. Sorry for scaring you. I'm Katsu Toshiro, by the way. The manager here. Nice to meet you...?" I felt quite offended being called a little fella, but still peeked out a little.

"Nagisa Shiota, sir. And I'm not little." I unconsciously pouted and glared at him. His eyes widened a little and looked back at Karma-kun, blinking a few times. Karma sighed like he was troubled.

"Yeah, I know. He's too cute that sometimes even I can't bear it." I tried to pinch him again though unfortunately, he saw it coming and stopped my hand.

"Haha. You two seems very close. Now, let's get you to your seats." Toshiro-san said and started walking, with us following behind. We came to a stop at the corner with a table and two chairs. Seems fancy, though.

"I'll prepare for your food right away." He bowed and left with a smile. After a few minutes, the food came and we started eating. I glared at Karma-kun the whole time, telling him how exaggerated our 'date' was. He, of course, just laughed it off.

But I won't admit nor deny that I enjoyed it. It's been long since Karma-kun and I hanged out together like this. I miss it.

I don't even know why I did.

***************************
A/N: Yaho~ Happy Friday everyone~!!

I actually have a class today but...I took a day off since I was sick.

And I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Oh. I forgot(or not). Next chapter is titled The Devil Prince Side. There'll be a bit violence and maybe a glimpse of what's happening. And I'll update that chapter on 15. Yep, on Otaku Day. Thank you everyone for a lot of reads and votes. I wish you'll stay until the very end~