Chapter 16: Liking Strawberry

🔪3rd Person🎓

"Catch me!"

"Will do!"

"No, you won't~" Nagisa made a face and ran away from Karma while giggling. Karma smirked and also ran after the blue haired boy. When the former looked back and saw the other boy nearing  him, his eyes went wide and tried to run faster.

But it was too late.

"Got you~"

"Uwaah! Karma! Down! Put me down!" Karma picked Nagisa up and raised him while holding his waist. Due to their difference in height, Nagisa panicked a little and started squirming while yelling to the other boy to put him down. Though the sight of Nagisa in this state was only amusing to Karma.

"Haha haha, look who's afraid~ I won't let go. You might run away again if I do." Karma cooed and grinned. Nagisa just pouted and sighed before circling his hands on Karma's neck for support.

"Fine, I won't run." He mumbled. Karma seemed pleased and already satisfied, so he nodded with a smile and put him down gently. Nagisa then removed his hands on Karma.

"You two. Come on, time for snack!" Kira called out to them. The two 10 years old boys quickly turned their heads and flew towards the table. They were in the garden and playing for hours already, and the sweet scent of strawberry crept their nose. It was a good thing their stomachs did not make a noise, or else they would be embarrassed.

"Thank you for the meal~" The two recited in unison and grabbed a toast with strawberry jam. Munching, Nagisa hummed in delight.

"Yep, strawberries are yum!" He blurted. Karma raised an eyebrow at him and took a bite on his own toast.

"So you like strawberries?" Karma asked, a bit jealous of the fruit for earning Nagisa's attention. Now, he gained a bit hatred on it.

"Yup!" Nagisa chirped. He then looked up at Karma and stared for a bit, before giggling a little.

"Karma is also like a strawberry." This completely threw the redhead boy off. He wasn't expecting that.

'So that means...'

After a thought, Karma's face blushed and he tried to lower his head in embarrassment. Nagisa saw this and laughed.

"See?? Karma is like a strawberry! Karma is really amazing! You only need a green top to add." Nagisa added and emphasized as he pat his own head.

The two started laughing and talking to each other, but they suddenly stopped when they heard their parents talking inside the house.

"---abroad seems fine. Maybe in US." Came Karma's mother's. They looked like they are talking about something important.

"But it's a bit far from Japan. How long are you going to stay there?" asked Hiromi.

"Probably for 2 years at least. I hope it won't be longer..." Kira's voice had a slight hesitation, and Hiromi sighed understandingly.

"Just...be safe. And also, this would be a news to the two boys. Especially Karma."

The other parts of the talk wasn't heard after. Karma and Nagisa looked into each other, both with shock and confusion in their eyes.

But Karma's emotions held more.

"Nagisa dear, we're going home!" The two boys snapped out of their trance and turned to look at the direction of the voice. There stood Hiromi smiling at them.