Chapter 24: Confinement

🎓Nagisa🔪

I have to clear it up to him.

I took a deep breath in order to calm my nerves down. It wasn't much, but enough for me to gather my thoughts and assemble what I should say.

Okay, I can do this. I just have to---

'He won't forgive you.'

Eh?

'He'll hate you.'

What?

'He won't even look at you. He won't acknowledge you.'

Who? Who is this voice?? Shut up!

'You're so tragic. You only make things worse.'

I...no....stop...focus..

'Haha, pitiful. Are you sure you can do this?'

Yes, yes I can. So

"Shut up!"

I jerked up as I heard a loud scream, and it took a moment for me to register that it was my own voice. Hastily, I turned to Karma and saw him looking at me with those blank expression again.

"I-I'm sorry...it wasn't...it wasn't for you. I mean...no..I"

"Nagisa." My eyes widened as I heard Karma calling me. He...he wasn't angry...?

"Nagisa..." He...he called me again. I tried to find the meaning of his tone and gaze. But all I found was gentleness. But...but why? Why do I feel as if something is wrong...?

"Karma...please...let me explain. I know you're angry but-but I have reasons..." Maybe I really still have a chance. He's still looking at me with those soft gaze and warm smile. So that means he doesn't hate me right..?

"I know. I trust you Nagisa. So tell me. I'll listen." He said slowly, his eyes squinting as his face bloomed to a smile. Somehow, my lips also parted and released an air of relief.

"So...I....I did this for you." I gulped once and pursed my lips before continuing. "I know it sounds weird but...I have a plan. You know...everyone has been telling you to get a t-treatment, and they just won't stop. We can't stop all of them with just us. So...so we have to just do what they want. It-It doesn't really matter to me. It is just that..." My eyes locked on with Karma's. "We just have to pretend. Then...then after they calm down, we-we'll be together again. If you want we can go out of this place and far from them. But for now...we can't fight them. All we can do is do what they want in order for them to keep quiet."

Karma fell silent. He seemed to be thinking hard about what I said and I waited patiently yet nervously for his reply. It was after a minute or two before he turned to me again and smiled with a reassuring nod. Seeing his agreement, I finally released my breath that I unconsciously held.

"So it was like this. I see." He said softly. I nodded a few times to show him my sincerity. "All I have to do is act then, right?" I nodded again enthusiastically at his question, and for some reason he gave out a chuckle, to which I only blinked at.

"If that is the case then it's fine. This meant that Nagisa won't leave me, right?"

"Of course I won't! I promised Karma that I will stay. And also..." I trailed off and tried to hide the blush that was starting to spread to my face. Karma tilted his head in curiosity with an encouraging look.

"...and also I love Karma. So I won't leave you..." This...this is embarrassing, so much that I immediately brought up my hands in an attempt to hide the reddening of my face. Karma blinked in surprise before smiling again, with a flash of light in his eyes that I didn't quite get.

"I'm happy. I also love Nagisa, so I also won't leave you." Karma's voice carried the same warmth and affection he always showed me. I slowly inched closer to him, and with his tug on my waist, I let go any hesitation left and hugged him. I thought I would cry again, but surprisingly I didn't. It seemed that I was too comfortable that I felt myself flying in bliss, not caring anymore to shed any tears that I probably poured all out already earlier.

And due to my contentment also, I didn't notice how different Karma's hug was, and so never did I saw how wicked and satisfied his eyes looked as wrapped his arms around me.

"Nagisa-kun, are you done?" I stiffened and pulled out of Karma's hold in surprise when  I heard Korosensei's voice calling out. But before I fully retreated Karma reached out and pulled my shirt, jerking me back towards him. I blinked and was about to ask him what the problem was when he suddenly rose to connect his lips towards mine. My body tensed at first, but after a few seconds I returned the kiss as gentle as he did. We slowly parted and looked at each other's eyes. Karma's golden orbs seemed to glow brightly within the dark room, and I felt trapped under his stare. His breaths were heavy as he leaned over again, lightly bumping his forehead with mine.

"Karma...?"

"Wait for me." He breathed out. His eyelashes fluttered, too close towards mine. With one last peck on the lips for tonight, I smiled at him with bright eyes.

"I will. So come back quickly, okay?"

Soft thumps sounded out the room and in came Korosensei along with the doctor Karma had when we were young. They seemed to be looking for something in our faces before finally walking close to Karma. I was already a few steps away so that they wouldn't suspect anything wrong about us, and though it hurts to see my loved one being taken from me, I know I have to endure so that we can be together longer.

That's right. After this....

After this we can be together again.

That's why all I have to do is wait.

🎓Third Person🔪

That night, Karma Akabane was taken into custody and was sent to the hospital that was couple of kilometers away from Nagisa's place. It was for safety precautions, the doctor said, and forbid Nagisa from coming near the hospital. The bluehead complied, and wished for Karma to get better before he was sent off.

Karma was surprisingly docile. He was quiet the entire way and didn't make a fuss during the trip. For others who never knew him, they would claim that he is a very obedient and calm person, unlike to that of a psychopath who murdered and tortured people. The doctor, Aruma Takashi, gave a suspicious and cautious gaze towards his patient that was sitting with eyes closed. The scene was so serene that the binds on the teenager seemed out of place.

Aruma gave a silent sigh, pity and discomfort running his mind. Everything seemed well, but somehow, there is something dangerous that he felt?

Either way, all he can do is properly take care of the redheaded teenager. And even if his case is incurable, he might be able to help the young man live a normal life.

The teen in question was leaning his head on the side, his eyes that was once closed lightly opened. Dark mercury orbs gazed at the doctor silently, and with mirth, Karma's lips lifted up.

*****************************************
A/N:

Aightttt. WE REALLY ARE NEARRRR.

The next chapter will be the last chapter for the main storryyyyy. AAAAAAAAAA

Are u guys still with me? Ahaha...please dont think I abandoned you. I can never....

Well, things happened and my mind wasn't supplying the right ideas for how I will write these things out. And I am glad to be able to do this now.

Anyways, thank you and stay tuned for he last chapter!! ~\(≧▽≦)/~

By the way, everyone, please dont go out during this time. I know you know about the current pandemic, the COVID19, and I pray that everyone is safe. ^^

I really love your comments, thank you so much.