Chapter 22: The Last...?

🎓Third person🔪

Karma was hugging Nagisa from the back while watching TV when suddenly, the latter paused and called out to him.

"Karma..?" Karma just hummed and nuzzled at Nagisa's hair. The older male blink for a few seconds before speaking up. 

"Hey, Karma. What if....what if one day, i do something that you don't like?" A hesitating tone came from the bluehead, as if struggling to voice out his question. Karma pursed his lips in thought.

"What do you mean? As long as it is Nagi then I will like whatever you do." He stated in a matter-of-fact tone. Nagisa grumbled, much to Karma's confusion.

"I mean, what if...like...I did something really bad. W-Would you hate me then?" Karma felt the boy in his arms trembling a bit. It made him at lost for a while due to the sudden questions of his lover. There was a bugging feeling inside him, but he was too immersed in his thoughts that he wasn't able to notice it. He just shrugged the fleeting ideas away and hugged Nagisa tighter. 

"Nah. I wouldn't hate you, no matter what happens. Even if you say that you robbed the bank or something." He stated with a grin. Nagisa glanced up at him with a 'seriously?' look and then giggled, twisting so that he can hug the taller boy and plant his face to Karma's chest.

"I just want you to remember this, Karma." Nagisa said before lifting his head up, his bright blue eyes held seriousness and determination in them, and was staring straight to Karma's golden ones. The latter slowly noticed the different attitude of his lover, yet didn't mind it as much. 

"I will never break our promise. So please trust me." Nagisa said in a comforting and gentle tone. He reached up to lower Karma's head then planted a soft kiss on his forehead that made the golden eyed boy blink in surprise. "If ever the time comes, please wait for me." 

Slowly the scene becomes blurry, Nagisa's words started to become humming buzzes that Karma cannot understand. All he remembered was the last phrase Nagisa said.

"Just wait for me."

🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪

Karma jolted up from his sleeping position. He gasped for his breath and tried to control his mind. With closed eyes, he felt around to hold Nagisa's hand when a realization hit him. 

There was no one beside him.

Nagisa was missing.

He immediately whipped his head to look beside him, only to find that there was no one occupying the empty space of the bed. Karma's lips trembled and his breath hitched, he is starting to hyperventilate. Reaching out, he felt that there was still warmth left on the area. 

Good. He thought. He hasn't gone far yet.

But just as he prepared to grab his keys and jacket, the sound of a door opening was heard. He turned his head to see Nagisa, with a wet hair and a towel on hand, gazing at him in confusion.

"Karma? Why aren't you sleeping? It's still ear---" He wasn't even able to finish his sentence when Nagisa felt himself being engulfed in a tight hug. He held the other man in surprise, afraid that the sudden inertia will cause them to tumble down. It was then that he noticed the shivering of the taller boy. 

"Karma?? Are you cold? What is it?" Full of worry, he slowly guided the other teenager to sit down on the floor while still holding him in his arms. He felt his shirt getting wet, probably from Karma's tears, but the bluehead didn't know what made the other cry.

"N-Nagisa...Nagisa..." Karma called out to him for a few times, as if he still cannot believe that he is in front of him. The boy in question repeatedly assured him that he was there, patting his back and whispering words to comfort the crying teen.

"I-I had...I had a dream..." Karma voiced out, his head leaning on Nagisa's chest as the other was stroking his hair. "I...In that dream...you went away...and...and I can't...I don't know..." Muffled sobs broke out again, and he hugged Nagisa tightly, afraid that when he let go, his lover would disappear in a blink of an eye. 

"Hey, it's gonna be alright. Don't be afraid. I'm here now, right?" Nagisa gently spoke and gave a soft kiss on Karma's trembling lips. This made the latter finally stop shaking, nuzzling his nose to the other person. Nagisa giggled and helped Karma stand up, guiding him back to the bed. When the redhead already settled, Nagisa pulled over the blanket to cover him then hummed a song while playing with Karma's locks of hair. Slowly, golden eyes started to get dazed, tension lifting up until finally closing to let the owner drift to dreamland. This time, Karma's stiff body loosened up under the comfort of his most trusted and loved person. Even when unconscious, he can still feel the warmth of the body sitting beside him. The thought of Nagisa staying beside him made him smile.

Nagisa stared down at Karma with gentle eyes, tracing and memorizing every features of the red head in his mind. He showed a sad smile before reaching out, lightly brushing his lips towards the sleeping teen. He then carefully stood up, still looking at the one laying peacefully on the bed, his mind wandering with countless of thoughts. All of them concerning his best friend.

And also, his beloved. 

"Karma...this is for us...and I won't break our promise. This is for us." Nagisa closed his eyes and proceeded out of the room. With a soft click on the door, he bit his lips while trying to keep his resolve.

"Please don't hate me...and please...wait for me."

🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪

Nagisa wrapped Karma's jacket around him before opening the door that lead outside of the house. When it was wide enough, he was greeted by a tall shadow, hiding him from the moonlight. Nagisa lifted his eyes, the once bright blue orbs now with tired and indifferent emotions, then lifting the corners of his lips to welcome the secret visitor. 

"Thank you for coming..." He said, tears starting to form in his eyes, before calling out the name of his teacher. "Koro sensei...."

"You did great, Nagisa-kun. It's alright now." Korosensei said as he comforted the helpless boy. He had been enduring everything for a long time, and finally, he managed to free himself from his struggle and decided to ask for help.

But Nagisa did it not for him, but for Karma who he loved even from before. 

*******************************

A/N: Here we go...this time we are really near the end...

Somehow I am also feeling emotional. I never thought I will write a book like this...and that people will support it. The thought of those people who read this sticking up with me until the end...it really makes my heart flutter in happiness. 

It is quite amazing how I managed to keep on writing until this far. Haha...

But welp! Enough with the drama XD

Thank you everyone!! I hope I will see you all until the very end! I also hope that you enjoyed this chapter haha. ^^