Chapter 21: Let go

🔪Third Person🎓

Two days have passed since Nagisa woke up, and Karma nevertheless treated him like how a servant should to his master. Except for being confined in the house, the bluehead had been living a luxury life.

"Nagi, is the taste to your liking? Would you like it to be sweeter?" Karma asked as he stared at the other boy's form eating his dish. Nagisa just shook his head and smiled.

"This is okay. Thank you."

Too happy, the redhead giggled and hugged the smaller boy. "I'm glad it's to your liking."

Nagisa just smiled and hummed in reply.

🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪

'This should stop...I should try and make a way out of this situation' . Nagisa had been thinking of ways and solutions on what to do in order to appease his best friend and be able to 'save' him and himself from their current problem.

'Maybe I could try slip---no, what am I even thinking...that would make him mad, of course! Anything...what can I do?' The bluehead has been racking his brain on what to do and can only go to the safest way.

That afternoon, Nagisa tried to talk to Karma.

"Karma, when can I go---" He wasn't even done talking when a sound of clattering was heard. Nagisa immediately got up from the sofa and ran to the kitchen to see what happened.

"Karma!! Are you o...kay...?" Halting on his steps,  Nagisa saw the bloodlust in the former's eyes. It wasn't directed to him, but to other people.

"Nagisa...." Karma turned around after hearing Nagisa's voice, his once sharp eyes turned soft and pitiful. It was as if he was abandoned and betrayed by his owner.

"Nagisa...y-you're going to leave me...? Y-you won't, right?? You promised me...I---In that case I have to lock you up...I..." He suddenly dropped on the floor and knelt, waking Nagisa up in his trance and gasping in horror. A pool of blood started to form on the floor.

Karma disregarded the fact that he dropped on the floor full of glass shards.

"My go--Karma stand up!!" Immediately running, he pulled Karma away from the bloody scene and led him to the living room. He let the still crying redhead sit before running again looking for medicine kit.

Unbeknownst to him, the victim formed a smile.

After returning, Nagisa knelt in front of Karma to take out the shards stuck on the other's knees. He bit his lips as he saw the flowing blood be soaked on the sofa's covers.

"I'm sorry, I won't mention it again. But please...please next time be careful of what you'll do, okay??" Nagisa blurted. Hearing no response, he looked up and gently caressed Karma's cheeks. "Okay?"

Karma, dazedly, looked into those bright blue eyes and hummed in reply. Nagisa smiled helplessly and kissed the other's forehead. "I'm sorry, now just rest here." He then went off to clean the mess in the kitchen.

After knowing that the bluehead is not around, Karma bowed and smirked secretly, trying hard not to let out a chuckle.

'As I thought, my Nagi is the cutest~'

He silently thought with a cheerful smile.

🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪🎓🔪

Nagisa came back to the kitchen to clean the mess that was done by his companion. Sighing in helplessness, he grabbed the mop and the bleach from the nearby drawer and began cleaning. Just as he was about to sweep the shards, his gaze landed on the counter.

Just as Karma was celebrating in his mind, he felt for his pocket and his eyes went wide in shock and panic. He tried feeling for his phone everywhere but can't find it. He then remembered where he left it and began to breathe heavily.

"Nagisa..." He bolted up and ignored the sudden pain to ran to the kitchen, hoping for the best that could ever happen due to his stupidity.

"...N-Nagisa!!" Karma paused when he reached the place and stood rooted at his ground. There he saw Nagisa simply cleaning.

Nagisa heard him and looked at his direction. "Karma?" He immediately stopped and stared confusingly and saw Karma's shift of gaze towards his back. Just as he was about to look back, the redhead cried out to stop him. The smaller boy turned to him in surprise and rushed towards his side.

"I told you to just rest there. Why did you leave?" Nagisa scolded. Karma mumbled a sorry and hugged him, silently looking back to the direction.

Karma's phone was hidden behind the dishes.

'Thank God he didn't see it...if he did...'

His gaze darkened for a second.

"Come on. Be good and sit. Rest for a while first, I'll be done in a minute." Nagisa said as he guided the 'limping' redhead back to the living room. Once he was seated, the shorter boy ruffled the other's hair for comfort before returning back to the kitchen to clean up. And after a few clattering, Nagisa went back and smiled at Karma, who was waiting there like a puppy.

"I'm done. Does it still hurt?" He asked as he sat beside Karma and looked at his knees. Karma bowed his head and silently hummed, making Nagisa sigh in defeat.

"I'm sorry, I won't bring it up again but promise me you'll take care of yourself, alright?" Nagisa scolded. Karma again hummed and nodded then let his head drop on the former's shoulder. Inhaling the bluehead's scent, he snuggled more and felt his partner's warmth.

Nagisa tried to look at the strawberry-like head. The sweet smell of Karma's hair made him feel comfortable yet guarded at the same time.

Like a snake caught by a hawk.

He slowly lifted his arms and hugged the taller man, who giggled childishly and snuggled more. Nagisa's eyes softened, like a mother spoiling her son.

Or in this case, a lover pampering his partner.

Either way, the thought inside of Nagisa's mind was slowly drifting apart as the redhead fell asleep. Thinking back to what he did, he could only close his eyes and silently whisper to the air.

"Karma...I'm sorry."

*************************************

Everyone...I'm sorry.

Is what I also want to say.

'cause...like...yeah...I stopped updating for months(?) ahahaha...

And for the excuse, well, just the typical. A whole lot going on and also some...personal reasons. Mentioning it might trigger others or irritate some.

Moving. On.

Heeeyyaaaa!!!! A lot of new readers eh? Yay! Thank you so much everyone!!! Even though I sadi I'll finish this book last year...I didn't. I'm sorry, tehee~

But really, this will be done this year. (I hope). So please stay tuned!