✉ eighteen ✉

[not edited]

3rd person

"And that's how we got the answer for number nine" Jungkook says, repeating the same explanation for the 3rd time.

Taehyung had called Jungkook to come over to his house—mansion, rather to help him with their math homework since he wasn't able to 'catch up' with their lesson (even though he knows how to) last week. He had never thought the younger would come by his own since he always have to force him just to follow his orders.

"Okay I get it now" Taehyung smiles.

"Really? Then answer the next problem and explain it to me how you got—" Jungkook's voice trails off as he notice the older leans close to him, invading his personal space. "The answer..."

"Look. Look deep into my eyes" The older instructed, Jungkook followed his command and looked into his eyes.

They were like warm brown pools of emotion that you could just jump into and be surrounded by warmth, he also notice something, there was a light that made his sparkling eyes glow and Jungkook felt trap under his gaze.

Before he knew what was coming, Taehyung had already claimed his lips. But the kiss? didn't turn out what the older had in mind.

"Why..." Jungkook felt the soft pants of Taehyung's breath in his neck. "Why didn't you kissed me back?" The atmosphere in the room darken just by hearing his voice growl. It was obvious that he didn't like the way the younger act during the kiss.

"I wasn't—"

"You weren't what?!"

His loud voice boomed across the empty room. The once soft brown eyes was filled by anger and hatred bringing back memories that ruined everything.

Instead of replying, the latter pushes him away, grab his things and ran leaving Taehyung stunned.

Jungkook make sure that the older didn't followed him before calling Jimin. Teardrops fell from his eyes, not caring if it started staining his clothes because all he wanted to do now is cry. Cry as if it is the only solution to take all the pain away.

-

Jimin didn't exactly knew what just happened but as soon as he woke up, he felt a shot of pain coming from his ass and it hurted like hell. "Shit it hurts" he groaned.

"Oh you aren't naked" Jimin turn to his left and saw Namjoon holding the blanket him and Yoongi shared last night. He is guessing that he had yanked it away while they were sleeping. "Thank goodness"

"Why the fuck would I be naked?" Jimin snaps.

"Well me and Seokjin thought you two already did it hehe" Namjoon scratches his nape. He shyly returns the blanket back to him before going out of their room.

Jimin once again groaned when he tried to stand up and crawl back to bed to continue sleeping but once he settled down his phone started ringing.

As much as he want to ignore the call, he can't, because who knows? it can be an emergency or he needed to do an errand. Before Jimin could even speak, he heard soft sobs coming from the other line and the sound of a certain person clearing his throat.

"Jimin hyung please come to my apartment now" Jungkook's voice was raspy not because he just woke up but because he was crying too much.

Jimin knew how sensitive and a crybaby the younger can get when having a hard time so he hang up as soon as possible to fix his things, but first, he needed to write a note.

In one of the drawers he scored two lucky finds: a Kumamon sticky and a pen. Finally he ripped off a piece of the sticky note from the pad and began a note: Dear Yoongi. Jimin looked at the words for a minute, as if they were a foreign language and then crumpled the paper up and started a new note.

Sorry If I had to leave early, there's an urgent meeting i have to attend. He stared at that page for a while, too, wondering if it sounded as guilty as he felt. At last, he added, Don't worry, It's nothing too serious :) ily —Jimin, placed the note where Yoongi can easily find it once he woke up and slipped out.

-

Just as he expected, Jungkook is sprawled on the bed, hair messed up and salty tears continuously pouring out of his eyes.

"What happened this time, Jungkook?" Jimin knew it's foolish to ask that question but he wanted to know what cause the younger to become an emotional wreck.

"I already move on but the anger in his eyes recalled every.single.thing" Jungkook began. "I thought the old Taehyung is back so I let him again in my life but I guess im fucking wrong"

'Let him again in my life'? So does that mean Jungkook's feelings for Taehyung is back again after years? Jimin tried to be positive as Jungkook explained and little by little his heart is breaking apart. He thought, he fucking thought that the younger will return the feelings back but the more Jimin think of it... it's impossible.

Back in high school, almost everyone is his rival when it comes to Jungkook but he was able to executed them all until Taehyung came by. In Valentine's day, Jimin was suppose to confess his feelings for the younger yet once again, Taehyung did it first and what makes it even more worse is that, the younger also have feelings for him. He even remembered not going to school for a week because of that.

Still, Jimin didn't gave up until the day where Taehyung ended the relationship and left without telling the reason why. Within those years, he stayed and did everything just to make the younger happy, but the result? Jungkook thought everything was just a friendly act. Jimin even pretended one time his confession was a joke while they were eating dinner that he prepared just to shake off the moment of silence Jungkook gave him after he blurted those words out in one go.

Jimin wanted to cut Jungkook's speech right now. He already had enough listening to it and he wanted to tell the younger how much he loves him until a memory of Yoongi flashing right before his eyes prevent him to.

---

AN

It's already 1am here (and yes i stayed up until morning to write this) so please consider if there are any mistakes 😆 and also don't forget to stream/vote 💕