18. Monument Point

To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.” – Federico García Lorca.

•••

He is up.

A distant audible loud yawn came into hearing, and she took the action as a cue that Dayo had finally woken up from sleep. To her surprise, he had slept for quite the number of hours but once again she wasn’t so surprised because she knew that it must have been a long time that he had had a sound, sleep with ample time. Since he was a workaholic, she knew his sleep-time probably didn’t span longer than four or five hours every day.

The next noise in the series of sounds – was the shuffling and padding of feet on the ground, and the action made a cold chill to run down her spine. They had arrived on the Island – at midnight and had both proceeded to their respective beds instantly without having dinner since they had both eaten to their fill on the plane. They had slept in different rooms of course, and while she knew such boundaries were called for in the current scenario, she didn’t exactly like it that way.

She didn’t have the most canal thoughts in her mind, after her not exactly fiasco the last time she made a sexual advancement on him but she didn’t see what was wrong in both of them sleeping in the same room at least. It wouldn’t hurt to share the same bed also, and maybe perhaps – cuddle and fall asleep in each other arms. A short make-out session wouldn’t be exactly bizarre either, neither would a lengthy one and so would–

Urgh!

She realized the trail of her thoughts were leading to sex once more, and she realized she had to shut them out totally because if Dayo caught wind of such intention, knowing as intuitive as he was – then it wouldn’t end good. At the same time, it didn’t mean she was exactly giving up on the bid to share the same room with him.

They still had plenty of time left on the trip, and she figured that it wasn’t too far-fetched to think that with the right points and incentives, she might be able to alter his thinking on that matter. After all, once upon a time – he wasn’t comfortable with public display of affection but it wasn’t so long ago on the plane in which he had engaged her in a steamy, make-out session. Her mind had reeled with want and bliss then, till now – she couldn’t actually believe he had done such thing.

The creaking noise that stemmed from the parting of the door – jolted her into a static, expectant state, as Dayo stepped through the kitchen’s door arch-way.

Wow!

It was the first time she was seeing him so – rough. Yeah, rough. His hair was rumpled and curly, and gave him a messy bad boy look. His azure-colored eyes, glowed brighter than ever in the dimly lighted room and his biceps weren’t exactly – heavy duty, but they bulged and flexed in all the right places. She wondered how someone could look so attractive, while being unkempt.

“Hey, you.” His voice wasn’t short of the morning brilliance either, as it was slightly deeper and sexier than the usual. He strode over to her one inch-shorter frame, and snaked his arms through her waist before pulling her in for a kiss. She could still taste the traces of grape wine on the edges of his lips, which he had yesterday and it only made her wilder with desire. Involuntarily, she bit his lower lip hard and caused him to withdraw abruptly.

Easy there, okay.” His voice remained hoarse, and he sucked gently on the blot of blood that formed on his lower lip. “Don’t go all Twilight on me here.”

The color spread all through her face. “I’m sorry, your lips just taste too good for your own liking. Especially its color. Damn, how could they be so red?”