xxi

Mother put down a cup of tea. She leaned back to the couch and sighed.

"I've told you countless times to stop seeing each other, but you're just stubborn and you won't listen to me." She massaged the sides of her head and said.

"Mrs. Heo, please believe me in this time. I can take good care of Seolrim and I promise." Chanyeol assured.

"We can't trust you much again, after what happened years ago." Father spoke up. "I'm afraid that…we still wish for you to leave our daughter alone, even that you are in a good terms now."

"Mr. Heo, people changed. I grew maturer and stronger to protect her, to be by her side. I will ensure her safety and I will make sure that she is always alright. Please believe in me that I'll take good care of her."

"We wanted to. We…Seolrim, do you know why we wanted to erase your memories?" Mother asked, look at me. My eyes widened. "You…erased my memories?" I asked, shocked.

"We didn't want to but we don't have a choice for you to live a better life." Father sighed.

I couldn't believe it. "But…how?"

"Erasing memories is impossible. We looked for a psychologist who's good in hypnotizing people and asked the psychologist to hypnotize you and cover those memories that is unwanted. It wouldn't be removed. It is just that you'll forget about it and you'll tend to remember everything one day too."

"And yet we had never expected that you'll remember about it. We always thought that you'll live a happy life after that, without all those memories bothering you." Mother continued.

"Chanyeol-ssi, we hope that you'll understand. We wish for her to not being bother by those things too. We wish for her to forget those bad memories."

"What you all erased is not only the bad memories about that case that happened. You erased those wonderful memories that Seolrim cherished as well. You erased the memories of us being together, and thus making it like we weren't together at all. It'd look like we had never been together at all from the very start."

Chanyeol is right, honestly. How could they just erased that part of me being with Chanyeol, when they actually supported us together that time and even teased me about being married with him in the future? That is just…unbelievable.

"We have to. She can't remember all of those. If we didn't erase those memories of you both, Seolrim might remember that case and she'll end up suffering as well."

Chanyeol suddenly stood up and bowed deeply at both of my parents. "Please give me a second chance to prove for you all that I can take good care of Seolrim, Mrs Heo, Mr. Heo."

Mother and father looked at each other. I stood up as well, and said, "Mother, father, now that I remember everything, and that Chanyeol and I hadn't been with each other for years, I wish that me and him can start all over again."

The both of them sighed. Father stood up, and called out, "Chanyeol-ssi."

Chanyeol straightened his body, still having his head down. "Please take care of my daughter nicely. This is your last chance."

________

A/N:

Hypnotizing people and cover up their memory is POSSIBLE, but it is impossible to erase it permanently. If you tend to forget something, you'll forget it eventually, but if it's something that you can't forget, then yeah, you can't erase it from your memory.

Anyways, our giant baby Chanyeol approved to sue the antis! I'm proud and glad for him that he's standing up for himself. Yixing is having his comeback as well and heard that the album is same price with Lose Control. I'm just going to try and win another like how I win Lose Control lmao. I can buy it but my mother don't let me so I'll just let it be :3

There's a few chapters left! I'm not sure how you'll think about this story but I hope that you'll support it till the end.

Thank you for reading :)

- Jocelyn